First Winter

just wondering what people expect from there dogs first winter what do you like to see and what puts you off ? Do a lot of lads let there dogs do a few bits or generally just keep them catching easy bunnies ? I know all dogs are different but in an ideal world what signs what you like to see from a young dog before it's a year old ?

Edited by C.green

a dog that you get on with and have a bond and that does what its told and wants to learn is keen good round stock and other dogs and is willing to learn and venture and explore on its own a bold pup but at that age its down to you to mould a dog to your way of thinking and make it what you want and require

Edited by blackmaggie

a dog that you get on with and have a bond and that does what its told and wants to learn is keen good round stock and other dogs and is willing to learn and venture and explore on its own a bold pup but at that age its down to you to mould a dog to your way of thinking and make it what you want and require

thats exactly what I want

Before it's a year, I'm just looking for them to know ferrets and livestock and have started jumping and using its nose and outgoing, flip side I'm looking for it to be a happy silly pup. Most happy outgoing pups will venture and be there own little explorers etc naturally, it's the ones who have had a hard time. Been left in a kennel or been heavy handed upon that u see with the head and tail down an a bag off nerves. There's the ones that boil my blood with the owners

Obedience.......it is the foundation to build everything else on, for me anyway. :thumbs:

Me too. I ruined my first dog by ignorance-- letting it get into the habit of hunting up when the lamp went off. I vowed it wouldn't happen again. Let them have their puppyhood and then insist on obedience all the time.No need to be physical or a bully-just bond with the dog and let him know what's required.

train em on the move have em with ya 24. 10. It'sa pleasure to have thy animal what knows a foot ferrit box out we ferreting lamp out we lamping mooching with firearm or catty a good well trained lurcher takes time and huge effort ta get the best from it,those with less going on upstairs take time and those with huge drive need more stimulation adjusting to the situation off ones animal his where the skill off the handler his paramount.atb bunnys.

• Like 2