What Do You Get Out Of Hunting / Shooting

Cheers Simon.

She's been shooting for almost a year and, she's really enjoying it. She uses a BSA Goldstar.

She got her first rabbit last summer. A nice clean shot at around 35yrds with NV. She was so prud of her self. She watched me clean and prepare it and she helped cook it.

Half term started on friday. She's been doing well with targets. I'll try to take her out for a couple of nights ambushing this week.

• Like 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As that greatest of all English naturalists "BB" Denys Watkins pitchford said, it is so much more enjoyable observing nature with a gun in one's hand, I like to think that although our practices are r

So sorry to hear of your loss Mitch. My condolences dear fellow.   For me it's not the kill that gets me out but the moments of solitude in beautiful country, fresh air and the things you see when

I wouldn't have written what I did if I didn't mean it abarrett. I can safely take it then for you, the countryside is really little other but a killing ground and you are only there to shoot everyth

Posted Images

Sorry I have,nt read the full thread,but to me my hunting is just a massive urge to be away from the shite of the modern world, I still go and spend a few nights just sleeping outdoors every year, and even though I,ve clocked up a few years on my life clock I,m still quite happy that I could survive comfortably without to many of the things most people have become reliant on in today's fake world, it's my basic animal instinct, that I,m proud is still alive and kicking

• Like 5

Cheers Simon.

She's been shooting for almost a year and, she's really enjoying it. She uses a BSA Goldstar.

She got her first rabbit last summer. A nice clean shot at around 35yrds with NV. She was so prud of her self. She watched me clean and prepare it and she helped cook it.

Half term started on friday. She's been doing well with targets. I'll try to take her out for a couple of nights ambushing this week.

BSA Goldstar! What a fabulous rifle for a young lady shooter to have. That is one of the last great rifles BSA spring rifles made as a home-grown British gunmaker. It is really very encouraging to read about the children of members here picking up where their dads and grandads are and have been in shooting sports.

I've spent some magic hours with a my friend AndyFR1968 here and taking his two boys out to shoot with us and training them up to shoot as well as possible. They are growing up fast and enjoy their own shooting days and nights out now.

Long may it be so and continue Jon, she sounds a smashin' young lady you have there. Looking forward to reading your hunting posts with her.

All the best.

Simon

Cheers Simon.

BSA Goldstar! What a fabulous rifle for a young lady shooter to have. That is one of the last great rifles BSA spring rifles made as a home-grown British gunmaker. It is really very encouraging to read about the children of members here picking up where their dads and grandads are and have been in shooting sports.

I've spent some magic hours with a my friend AndyFR1968 here and taking his two boys out to shoot with us and training them up to shoot as well as possible. They are growing up fast and enjoy their own shooting days and nights out now.

Long may it be so and continue Jon, she sounds a smashin' young lady you have there. Looking forward to reading your hunting posts with her.

All the best.

Simon

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific - It's a BSA Goldstar se pcp.

She is learning to use a springer, with a .177 HW30k. She's enjoying it but, she's no where near hunting with it yet.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 2

Cheers Simon.

All the best.

Simon

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific - It's a BSA Goldstar se pcp.

She is learning to use a springer, with a .177 HW30k. She's enjoying it but, she's no where near hunting with it yet.

Thanks for the kind words.

All ways good to hear of the kids getting into our sport

my grandson was 8yrs of age when i got him into it and he,s a member on here to some of the lads have took a shine to him over the 3yrs he has been hunting and shooting ,

he can shoot , gut , skin .and prepare his pray .

it will not be long before yours can to, Little hunter (my grandson) loves to go out hunting with his grandad and uncle Sean (vizlauk)

he is at mine every Saturday morning asking what time are we going shooting lol.

If there is a shooting range near you get her there as much as you can the more she practices the better she will get

and it will not be long before she is out shooting you

and when she dose just say what i say

your eyes are better than mine because your a lot younger than me

works every time lol

Once again good on you

and i can see a hw100 on the cards for next Xmas :laugh::yes: :yes: :yes:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Cheers Mac,

'Little hunter' - Good name. It's brilliant that he'll sort the rabbits as well. Although my daughter is happy to watch me, she's not prepared to chop their heads off yet lol.

I've found the pic from last year so, I'll start a new thread so that I'm not hijacking this one.

• Like 1

His first year and a bit he spent at the range until he could put ten or more pellets in a 5p size target

before we took him hunting

but you should of seen his face when he took his first pray

A crow lol

it took a few mths before he got his first rabbit

but there is no stopping him now lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

i love going out shooting with my best mate big shaun T,we always have a good laugh and when we are out we just enjoy our time out its good to have a real mate to go out with who will always be there for you and me for him,its hard to find one person you can call a proper mate these days shaunT is a good shooting partner and a good laugh when some times you just need to get out away from things,i will never give up shooting

• Like 1