• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotted my target for this summer...

Last neet........ 4lb line....

A full 30lb heavier than the last one at 49lb 5 oz....

Posted Images

Always wanted to catch one eny waters in the north west with them in

Sale water park , Hillside in burnley and borwick off j35 m6 have them . Theres also fellview syndicate near beacon fell

Hillside has them???

That takes me back a few years ??

RIP,that was terrible news ,i wonder what the motive was ? obviously not theft as tackle was left behind.

That looks like his tackle box on the bank?Bad day for local anglers on thursday,i came past the entrance to Twynersh fisheries thursday evening,some guy was being stretchered off,he has smashed into the wall at the front and it has came down in his bonnet and windscreen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1524792/murder-suspect-quizzed-after-police-divers-pull-body-of-angler-who-was-hit-over-head-on-banks-of-the-thames/

Always wanted to catch one eny waters in the north west with them in

Sale water park , Hillside in burnley and borwick off j35 m6 have them . Theres also fellview syndicate near beacon fell

Hillside has them???

That takes me back a few years

It has cats to 50lb in the pond on the far right , think its called berts pool . They have got rid of the trout aswell and extended that pond and stocked a load of big carp from pendle view

RIP,that was terrible news ,i wonder what the motive was ? obviously not theft as tackle was left behind.

That looks like his tackle box on the bank?Bad day for local anglers on thursday,i came past the entrance to Twynersh fisheries thursday evening,some guy was being stretchered off,he has smashed into the wall at the front and it has came down in his bonnet and windscreen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1524792/murder-suspect-quizzed-after-police-divers-pull-body-of-angler-who-was-hit-over-head-on-banks-of-the-thames/

Poor fella

I know twynersh well

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

There's a famous albino one around Walton I think

I was in Kingston at Lunchtime having a meal when I walked along the hogsmill looking in as its packed with carp at the moment,saw a few double figures,anyway there was another guy looking in so I knew he fished,got into conversation with him and he told me he fishes a lot around Walton,i asked him about the cats in the Thames,quick as a flash he pulled his phone out and started flicking through his pics,showed me a pic of a 18lb catfish he caught in the thames at Walton a month ago while fishing for barbel,his bait was luncheon meat.

• Like 1

I was in Kingston at Lunchtime having a meal when I walked along the hogsmill looking in as its packed with carp at the moment,saw a few double figures,anyway there was another guy looking in so I knew he fished,got into conversation with him and he told me he fishes a lot around Walton,i asked him about the cats in the Thames,quick as a flash he pulled his phone out and started flicking through his pics,showed me a pic of a 18lb catfish he caught in the thames at Walton a month ago while fishing for barbel,his bait was luncheon meat.

multicultural river lol

• Like 1

multicultural river lol

Odd thing was he caught 2 separate firsts for him that week both from the same location,a wels and a zander.

• Like 1

multicultural river lol

Odd thing was he caught 2 separate firsts for him that week both from the same location,a wels and a zander.

mitten crabs?

• 11 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:55, waltjnr said:

Three men deny murder of fisherman Scott Wilkinson whose body was found in River Thames

The body of Scott Wilkinson was found in The Thames near Sunbury Lock on July 28 2016

Three men have denied murdering a 48-year-old fisherman.

The body of Scott Wilkinson was found in The Thames near Sunbury Lock in Walton on July 28 2016, three days after he had left home to go fishing.

Almost two years after Surrey Police launched a murder inquiry, three people were charged with murder and theft of a motor vehicle on Wednesday July 18.

The following men pleaded not guilty to the charges at Guildford Crown Court on Friday (October 21):

• 3 years later...

Had a walk down the river last night, haven't been there in a year and a half, chatted to a polish guy launching his little RIB to fish for Zander just below the weir, last week his biggest Zander was a 7lb'er but he also caught a foot long wels kitten. 

Also chatted to a local guy who targets barbel, he has had a 20 and a 16 pounder in the last couple of weeks on Garlic sausage. 

• Like 2

Didn't realise there was so many big barbel 2 minutes from home, met a polish guy last night, caught 80+ barbel on the local stretch of the river last season, he was in a mag for getting a 20lb 9 ounce barbel here,verified on two different sets of scales by a few different witnesses, and he hooked a decent Wels which got off at the bank, showed me loads of fishing pics on his phone, nice guy, barbel addict. 

IMG_20220801_200816.jpg

IMG_20220801_200736.jpg

IMG_20220801_192820.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...