Any Of You Worked A Greyhound

i had a greyhound bitch a few year back which hadnt been near a track got from a lad who lived on the local traveller site she done ok the lamp her best bag was 11 rabbits which i thought was good for a greyhound. she had a roe deer aswell the one night she hocked it and it dragged her until it got to the fence her hold was enough to stop it jumping and getting away.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I agree,..and it is downright cruelty to take a full grown canine athlete, such as an ex racer,...a jukel that has been trained, conditioned, cosseted and kept in the manner of a Spartan warrior,

It was a real shame mate as he was turning into a nice handy dog .....  

I reared a nice wee bitch and used her for the roe and hares,...she fecked em up,..and I do mean, proper fecked..   Never gave the game away and told her, that she wasn't a lurcher,..and she never

we had one that ate everything it caught,we lamped it for a month thinking it would get out of the habbit, after eating the 1st 2 rabbits it wasnt fit to walk never mind run.we ran it again one night and she puked up the rabbits she had earlier eaten and we ran her again and she promptly ate the next 2 ..................you can probably guess her career ended after that..i gave up on the dream after her,stuck to lurchers..a safer bet

• Like 1

we had one that ate everything it caught,we lamped it for a month thinking it would get out of the habbit, after eating the 1st 2 rabbits it wasnt fit to walk never mind run.we ran it again one night and she puked up the rabbits she had earlier eaten and we ran her again and she promptly ate the next 2 ..................you can probably guess her career ended after that..i gave up on the dream after her,stuck to lurchers..a safer bet

that just about sums up a greyhound lol

D.l you'd break a full hound lol, likes been said if they were any good we'd be using them now

Get cesar over ruby there's your pup? Is she still about? And sp where's he theses days?

cheers for all the coments lads some good points so dont think a pure is the way to go then lol.

that is some thing im thinking about mate both very handy dogs,you jest allways think you could do some thing difrent sp is now dead

Ruby/Razor or Romeo? Ruby/Max's full Gh's he'd be the one I'd get in contact with if gh your fancy (wouldn't be mine imo)

Robs little black dog might be alittle to small for you? I'd go coursing type

You've a young there that's ticking the boxes, go there cull hard keep your right and go from there, close blood to ruby on Snipes side or robs black dog for your side? Worlds your oyster be nice now tho for over summer lol

D.l you'd break a full hound lol, likes been said if they were any good we'd be using them now

Get cesar over ruby there's your pup? Is she still about? And sp where's he theses days?

cheers for all the coments lads some good points so dont think a pure is the way to go then lol.

that is some thing im thinking about mate both very handy dogs,you jest allways think you could do some thing difrent sp is now dead

get one d lloyd.surely a better lurcher will come from it,than a racing one if you bred from it.they must be good because most of our lurchers are 3/4 grey.prehaps just a better education of the countryside.

from a pup the same way you would a lurcher and how did you fined it for staminer and durability ?

thanks.D

I reared a nice wee bitch and used her for the roe and hares,...she fecked em up,..and I do mean, proper fecked.. :laugh:

Never gave the game away and told her, that she wasn't a lurcher,..and she never knew any different...

Mind you, back in the day,. it was ALL after dark freelancing,.no training for the mouching/ferreting/netting business,...it just wasn't sensible to walk about during the daylight hours,...it always ended up , emotional... :yes:

But, for the quick slip and trip,...I had no complaints,...

I used her for several years,...broke her in the end,..but there ya go,..that's the hunting game , eh. :thumbs:

• Like 6

I think cesar x Ruby ,seen both work ,and are both real good,but in different ways,

Ruby is mad as a bag of snakes ,Cesar cool as a cucumber,laid back .

But both get results in different ways .

Different types and maybe a 1/2 way between the 2 would be ideal . Or use razor or Romeo or another well tested dog of that type,

Oh and save me a bitch lol

Good post Phil.

Seen a couple reared the same way to do similar jobs. They were good at it too.

But for every one that has done ok i'd bet there are fecking hundreds that smash like eggs. Seen a few poor buggers go that way too.

Perspective is racing an F1 car in a rally...