Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
paulus

Birds "please Add Yours"

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

Thank you very much Chaff, ISO 1600, F7.1 gave me 1/1000th sec and image is totally uncropped.

Well you had that dialed in perfect mate, was that full manual with an L series lens

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Well you had that dialed in perfect mate, was that full manual with an L series lens

I only ever use L series lenses...

90% of the time I shoot in AV mode (aperture priority) but I control the ISO and F stop, if I’m looking to underexpose for backlighting I may shoot in manual but generally just use exposure compensation in AV mode for that type of shot...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm taking a mate out tomorrow ferreting (pest control) and he is bringing his camera kit consisting of a 40d and one of these lenses IMG-20190201-WA0000.jpg.526b212bba40920accd0a0b78b2a2ee3.jpg

Hoping to get some action shots of dogs etc, any idea of the second hand value of the lens might be ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaff said:

I'm taking a mate out tomorrow ferreting (pest control) and he is bringing his camera kit consisting of a 40d and one of these lenses IMG-20190201-WA0000.jpg.526b212bba40920accd0a0b78b2a2ee3.jpg

Hoping to get some action shots of dogs etc, any idea of the second hand value of the lens might be ? 

They’re a cracking lens and good combination with the 40d as it’s a crop sensor - beat to look on eBay for what money they selling for.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

They’re a cracking lens and good combination with the 40d as it’s a crop sensor - beat to look on eBay for what money they selling for.

Is it a mk 1 ? 

Do you think the focal length is enough for birding Andy 

I was thinking sigma/tamron 150-600 but they have a smaller variable aperture 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Is it a mk 1 ?

Yeah, looks like a MK1, it’s dedin not a mk2.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2019 at 19:56, Chaff said:

Is it a mk 1 ? 

Do you think the focal length is enough for birding Andy 

I was thinking sigma/tamron 150-600 but they have a smaller variable aperture 

I have the Sigma 150-600mmC and it is my second one as I regretted selling my first when I got a 500mmf4. Great lens and I use it a lot. My 100-400mm mk1 lasted 2 weeks before I sold it as was never happy with results. The MK2 is stunning but short for birds even on a crop camera.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...