Remembering Hunting 60S 70S 80S

As kids in the 70s used to try and catch pheasants with the collie dog used to have a go at rats with air rifles at the nearby sewage farm and tried to dig them out with a couple of russels on standby just messing about in reality. Got into the lamping/coursing ferreting early 80s. A couple of us had diana sp50 air pistols anyone remember them and shot jack shit with them happy days.

SP50_zpsn70m4adv.jpg

Had a Diana. Graduated to it from a Gat gun. Before that I had a peg board Killed fcuk all with any of them!

had a diana 177, tryed to skim a lad slideing down a drainpipe off a school roof,hit him on the back of his leg, had to give the twat 6 shots not to tell his dad

• Like 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lamping with car battery on your backs, I have the acid burn scar on my arss today, digging to terriers no locators, and all hunting lads met in the pub and have a pint and chat,

Kids nowadays have had an adrenaline rush if they got to level 5 on Grand Theft Auto.

Rounding up a unlikely pack of dogs and lads of the estate and going for a proper mooch with sometimes 20 + dogs of all sorts ...spending most the summer holidays camping ruff up the local woods ...T

Posted Images

Early 80's in the Dales, walked miles as 15 year olds, slept in an old barn. We shot pigeons and collected moorhen eggs for breakfast. Even killed a Canada goose with a catty off a nest ! Took it back to the tent and cooked it over a fire lol

Had trout out of a little stream that ran out of the base of a reservoir, some big rainbows over 5lb......those were the days, all pissed round the fire on sherry and one night walked 6 miles to the nearest pub.....all sh.t ourselves when a bobby turned up on his bye as we sat at the table drinking Old peculiar and eating midget gems lol......great times.....

• Like 4

Climbing onto roofs of derelict mills to steal kestrels eggs,ratting up the stream with a bandy jrt x and a trowel, playing Manhunt with the GATS and Diana's up the old pow station.

All before my balls had properly dropped :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 4

Early 80's in the Dales, walked miles as 15 year olds, slept in an old barn. We shot pigeons and collected moorhen eggs for breakfast. Even killed a Canada goose with a catty off a nest ! Took it back to the tent and cooked it over a fire lol

Had trout out of a little stream that ran out of the base of a reservoir, some big rainbows over 5lb......those were the days, all pissed round the fire on sherry and one night walked 6 miles to the nearest pub.....all sh.t ourselves when a bobby turned up on his bye as we sat at the table drinking Old peculiar and eating midget gems lol......great times.....

It's a funny old world, was recently in touch with one of the lads that was with us after 30 odd years and he had been back upto where we used to camp, as I had, and the fire pit was still there. In the middle of a a huge fir wood miles from anywhere.....he had just been divorced and had been clearing out his loft. Found his old Crossman pump up pistol, his came jacket and a tin of e's lol, as I said great times.....

Early 80's I once got around 120 assorted salmon and sea trout over a weekend from a river,I was a kid netted them with a net I found stashed in some brambles when I was doing my paper round,used to get loads of salmon in late summer,once got a 28 lb'er.Bought a .410 single with some of my fish money,I was 15 and didn't have a licence,used to get roosting pheasants from a local wildfowl refuge,also got a few grouse with it in wear dale and used to shoot mallards on the rivers,got into all sorts of scrapes back then,wonder we all survived.

• Like 1

I used to just dig a trough right through the hillside, following the tube so to speak. I remember catching some Gudgeon in the canal late 60s and taking them home and putting them in the bath. Dad soon shifted them when he came home from work. Record player out, shave, bath and he was out for a pint. Next day he would drop us near congleton in the morning where we'd nest or fish then pick us up in the afternoon on his way home.

• Like 1

summer holidays were great used to slip the air rifle in the rod bag and tie it to the bike and go fishing nearly every day to some local pools a couple of miles from home ,when we got bored we used to shoot at each others floats :rolleyes: porcupine quils used to stand up to the shot best :laugh: ,some of the perch we caught seemed huge from the one pool ,suposse i was lucky growing up in them days it must have been obvious what we were up to but no one seemed to mind much,one pool we used to fish was in the middle of a wood that was the highlight that was full of big perch and some jack pike ,shooting the woodies around the pool and cooking them on a fire "wonder we wernt poisoned "i think all the pools have been filled in now and built on ,in the midlands at moxley

• Like 1

Lamping with a car battery, and a spotlight off a car and old door bell as a swich on off out one night lamping taking turns carrying the battery and lamping, stopped to swap over and my mate put the rucksack on my back upside down,after a while felt my back warm the acid had gone through my clothes burnt my arss

• Like 2

Pre locater days found a few ferrets wandering the countryside, BSA Cadet bought for £ 2 and still own it, and still works great 60 years after it was made. Used to borrow a 410 out of a market gardeners outbuilding without him knowing, loads of places had guns lying around in the 60s, keeper on the local estate used to let a couple of us fish the lake on that estate, i think he got pissed of with us roaming around, leave my pheasants alone he would say and you can fish the lake. Halcyon days, sound like a right old fart now. Borrowing dogs that had a bit of hunting instinct used to be loads of dogs roaming the street in those days, one of them was good at taking water voles, water rats as we called them in those days, i regret to say ive had a hand in their demise, we shot loads in those days, and now an endangered species, YIS KIC

• Like 1