Micro Chipping

just had my rough coated lurcher microchipped by vet this morning,been out for a run this affy checked him over as normal,brushed his coat and what i thought was apiece of twig came out.but when i looked it was the micro chip obviously not put in properly,if ithis wouldnt have happened,i would havebeen none the wisier and wold have believed chip was still in him,. apoor job done.so lads just be aware of this when getting your dogs done,cost me 30 notes. so words will be said on the return trip.

i sold a guy a lurcher pup 2 years ago, the other week he took the dog to france on the pet passport, when he tried to leave france the french scanned the dog, but the chip has come out sometime over the last 2 years, he had to leave the dog in france for a month, then go back and get him, those chips are not infalable,

Funny you say that,had my old terrier done back in 2002 after I had a bitch and pups go walkies,took the old boy to be pts at vets and asked them to scan him,chip was half way down his back leg and damaged ,could be scruffing the dog?or swiping bell man collar on/off,best thing I think is to tattoo thier ears,don't see many with missing years these days.why would you take a stolen dog to the vets if you thought it was chipped?you would have to cut off the ears and then be more chance of someone tidy recognising dog and folk maybe getting them back?just a thought.atb dc

Edited by Daniel cain

just another money making piece of legislation after all it is the government who are bringing in this legislation in april 2016, and it has been planned for at least 2 years, and its another offence to charge you with, if your dogs not chipped and your not hunting within the law.Under the regulations, your dog is considered microchipped when you (1) implant the dog with a chip and (2) register your details on an approved database. If you do not get your dog microchipped or your details registered on an approved database, then it will be considered as not complying with the regulations and a notice may be served. If the keeper does not microchip their dogs within 21 days of the served notice, then you will be liable to pay a fine of £500. shit country run by wankers

• Like 5

just another money making piece of legislation after all it is the government who are bringing in this legislation in april 2016, and it has been planned for at least 2 years, and its another offence to charge you with, if your dogs not chipped and your not hunting within the law.Under the regulations, your dog is considered microchipped when you (1) implant the dog with a chip and (2) register your details on an approved database. If you do not get your dog microchipped or your details registered on an approved database, then it will be considered as not complying with the regulations and a notice may be served. If the keeper does not microchip their dogs within 21 days of the served notice, then you will be liable to pay a fine of £500. shit country run by wankers

while agree it could help if dog lost ! I can't see the junkie twats with there aggressive pitbull types getting them chipped ,but you buy a dog feed pay vets bills then Cameron's lot come along and say u must chip it if u don't we will make fine you!!! And give it to foreign aid while we let our own kids go hungry but I must thank this government for making food banks essential for working family's to survive what a step forward !!
  • Like 2

Had every dog I've had done it's come in handy more then once for getting a dog back can't see the problem in it something that cost a couple of quid is better then paying the dog warden £150 and most of the local vets round here will hold the dog till you get there

Buy a kit off eBay last time I looked you could do twenty plus dogs for forty notes.atb dc

You can't buy the kit off eBay and you certainly can't do twenty plus dogs for forty notes ...that's shite
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=111781367599&category=11286&pm=1&ds=0&t=1455631764228

50 dogs for £150

i have been a microchip per for ten years and that's about the price I get them for ....but you need to be a registered chipper to purchase them you also need a a scanner

Edited by MIK