Charity Fishing Match Cornwall Sunday August 14Th 2016

The fishing is free dave but im not sure about the camping. I have yet to confirm with martin about this. It wont be much though.There are shops nearby,a pub just up the road, a tesco two minutes drive away,there is no running water on site but i can fetch a container of water for drinks etc.if anyone requires a shower we can nip down to one of the local campsites where a shower is 20p for about three minutes or you can nip up to mineI am going to try and fetch a generator and set up some lighting.There is a lidl not too far away if you want to do a big shop.Padstow is a coupleof minutes drive away. You will need to bring bait as the nearest coarse fishing tackle shop is a fair way awayIf anyone needs to know anything else feel free to ask

Great job Bry,

Give me a shout anything you need, I can sort a generator and lighting rigs if it helps, also bring bait down if required.

Could be a few lads coming down off here that don't post much, I'll let you know beforehand obviously...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Results:   1st New kid 2nd Arch 3rd Newer Kid Craigy Boy Cup for biggest fish - Gerry Wooden Spoon - Haymin   Pics to follow from the professional Sean C A very cidery time was had by all  

Just the 6hr journey back. To go with the 7hr trip there. The fecking M5 is a sh1t motorway. I feel for Jim and Bob, much farther to travel then me. Some effort to drive all the way from Scotland. Top

Looking forward to this I am, good craic, good food and drink, a bit of fishing and a bit of money raised for charity.   See you all there.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

It's getting closer lads...

I've suggested a day on the river perhaps on the Friday and go from here after it's and hour and half or so from Exeter.

If anyone wants to let me know and I'll organise bait, tickets etc.

Robbo,

Anything you need from me let me know, I was going to chuck a couple of kayaks on the roof rack so weather permitting we could maybe get an hour or 2 in the water if the boat trip is looking like a no no??

It has been a bit poor out on the boats Kev , in fact it has been poor all round. The mackerel havent even shown up yet.I can set up a trip if there are enough people who would like to go [let me know] but your going to be looking at £60 a man. kayaks would be good or if more people fancy a shore trip i can sort that. I have enough rods but may be short some reels which i should be able to borrow. i have rods and reels and leads and lures etc. for kayaking.If we dont get out on the yaks im sure jim will make use of one on the lakes .

• Like 1

It has been a bit poor out on the boats Kev , in fact it has been poor all round. The mackerel havent even shown up yet.I can set up a trip if there are enough people who would like to go [let me know] but your going to be looking at £60 a man. kayaks would be good or if more people fancy a shore trip i can sort that. I have enough rods but may be short some reels which i should be able to borrow. i have rods and reels and leads and lures etc. for kayaking.If we dont get out on the yaks im sure jim will make use of one on the lakes .

No Worries Bry,

Same up here lots of Plaice showing up, was in the wet fish shop in Exmouth last week and he said hardly any mackerel in but catching plaice right down the coast.

I can bring some gear as well, got spare beach rods and spinning gear that can be used by others, I'll see if Geth fancies the trip and might be able to get 4 kayaks down then, Jim will be in his element.

I'm happy to go boat fishing if we can get enough out (is it 8 or 10 on the boat you use?), what ever everyone want to do I'm easy.

Let me know if you fancy a go on the river before hand and I'll get it sorted, we could do Friday morning then head down to the lake mid afternoon, I think Arch, Joe777 and Johnnyboy were interested.

• Like 1

there isnt a problem getting on a boat with any number of people from two to twelve its just different boats and on one that only takes 6 out unless you have the full six you can only keep two fish each. if i can get an idea of how many want to go i will contact the most suitable skipper. Personally though i would love a go on the kayaks but i will sort a trip no problem. Plenty of tope about on the boats at the minute.

I can just see jim with one foot in each kayak going for the horizon.

• Like 1

there isnt a problem getting on a boat with any number of people from two to twelve its just different boats and on one that only takes 6 out unless you have the full six you can only keep two fish each. if i can get an idea of how many want to go i will contact the most suitable skipper. Personally though i would love a go on the kayaks but i will sort a trip no problem. Plenty of tope about on the boats at the minute.

I can just see jim with one foot in each kayak going for the horizon.

Oh right, all the charters we use you have to pay for the boat usually £500 but split between 10.

Perhaps it might be hard work organising it mate, you need people to commit and that's never easy!!

I'm happy to bring the kayaks down, spoke to Geth today and he could bring a couple too.

How far out are the tope? Reachable on the kayaks??

Not really most of the time mate but you never know if conditions allow you to get to certain spots. We can always take people on a little adventure down trevose head but as you know its all down to the weather and sea conditions.Im sure we will be able to do something even its a bit of wrasse bashing.

I've a couple of beach casters, that have never caught a fish, I'll bring them, if I blank again they can go in the auction.

So 2 beachcasters definitely in the auction then. :thumbs:

Is there some kind of list of who's bringing what, food and drink wise? Be a shame to have 70lbs of sausages and no charcoal - or BBQ fir that matter.

Ken is Dan the meat coming?