First Season

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is my bitch tink only had 7 goes to her she got her nose split in half fist time out , made her careful she is in no way a hard bitch and for many she is a little to careful a good foot away when

2 of mine in their 1st season, 20 month old now, they're not related (10 days between them). Dog on the left & bitch on the right both have had a couple of digs & 1 bolt each, the dog was str

My firs season dog on 14 digs so far lol

Posted Images

Be nice to keep this thread going and see how the first season dogs progress and not let it slip away with all the other future prospect threads

just start a thread called second season dogs , then we can see last season successful first dogs that's made it !
  • Like 3

I reckon the 2nd season is the tester for a terrier when a lot more difficult places are put in front of it and a lot more work,see how many will still be about end of 2nd season.

True, true, and when you have youngsters coming up to their first season that's when you have the Jitterbugs

Will they, won't they ????????????

You forgive them for their inexperience and praise them for everything they do correctly and I wont bullshit you, I often had an extra pint that night when a pup did well.

Second season ???

That's when they start to earn the two years of feeding, rent and cleaning up after them. It's also time for them to do their parents proud.

BUT, when you work with the same bloodlines all the time IMO you should see what you want to see in the first season.

If you don't, then you might have to breed again, but down a different lane

• Like 3

I reckon the 2nd season is the tester for a terrier when a lot more difficult places are put in front of it and a lot more work,see how many will still be about end of 2nd season.

True, true, and when you have youngsters coming up to their first season that's when you have the Jitterbugs

Will they, won't they ????????????

You forgive them for their inexperience and praise them for everything they do correctly and I wont bullshit you, I often had an extra pint that night when a pup did well.

Second season ???

That's when they start to earn the two years of feeding, rent and cleaning up after them. It's also time for them to do their parents proud.

BUT, when you work with the same bloodlines all the time IMO you should see what you want to see in the first season.

If you don't, then you might have to breed again, but down a different lane

I've every confidence in my dog pup the way he's going now,he'll continue in year 2,he's working like his parents grandparents and great grandparents his sister however just hasn't clicked yet hopefully she'll go before seasons over

It's obvious 5 Feet Down that you, like myself, work with a line you've had a while.

It's a massive help IMO.

Novices often ask questions about their pups progress and get answers off knowledgeable lads who are working with the same bloodlines this 20, 30 or more years but that can mean they know what they're looking for.

The lad who's trying out a youngster of new breeding to him needs a good eye.