What Makes A Man .....

Do I read you right FD that only black terriers like yours are the only type to cope with a heavy workload, genuine question, Plucky

Nowhere does it say anything about black dogs ,white dogs or pink dogs .You know what I mean therefore don't twist it .

no twisting mate just curious as to what types you consider worth keeping ?? Do you think any of the other terrier types are of any use ?? Not a go at you but a genuine question, Plucky

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't joking when I said it was a disease. I've only ever had 2 proper holidays in my life because I'd rather be at home minding my dogs. They played a big part in my marriage break up. Nearly eve

I used to think along the same lines as yourself Foxdropper,.....I've spent,.. 'my life with lurchers",.and previously had no time,.. for what might best be termed , 'part timers, wasters and five min

I have seen many lads come and go in the serious digging game,some have been weekenders and some have never worked in a job, just lived for terriers, no lurchers, but I still maintain a friendship bui

Posted Images

Do I read you right FD that only black terriers like yours are the only type to cope with a heavy workload, genuine question, Plucky

Nowhere does it say anything about black dogs ,white dogs or pink dogs .You know what I mean therefore don't twist it .

no twisting mate just curious as to what types you consider worth keeping ?? Do you think any of the other terrier types are of any use ?? Not a go at you but a genuine question, Plucky

An honest opinion mate is that I've spent my life around black dogs therefore I can only honestly comment on what I know .I've seen all the rest go at odd times but nothing to base an argument on unless its Plummer based of course.So to answer your question IMO black dogs are worth keeping .

FD, I agree on the blacks but have used all types down the years and have seen some strange looking stuff that did a job, I always keep an open mind when it comes to dogs as I have pre judged a few and been made to look foolish when they,ve stayed till dug

• Like 1

That's where we differ mate as I would rather see what happens than prejudge .Most lads with any common since will talk before the dog is to ground and ere on caution as to it staying .I too have been surprised over the years and would never judge a dog on its looks unless its a Plummer of course .

• Like 1

I keep parks and Stephens and crosses off both,off to buy a nice young bitch next wednesday from a keeper in lancs,small and tight stuff around 12tts,just right for me,PLUCKY

What Branch of the Stevens dinasty did your stuff originate from mate as I have some too .Another line if you like .

the only thing that would piss me off was the fact the dogs where passed on to someone i i wouldnt have wanted to have them. now that would piss me right off. apart from that i would get over it :yes: . onward and upward.

ps. feck all wrong with plummers. russells or crossbreds.. but them patts are either to big to hard or to quiet for my liking.

• Like 1

I keep parks and Stephens and crosses off both,off to buy a nice young bitch next wednesday from a keeper in lancs,small and tight stuff around 12tts,just right for me,PLUCKY

What Branch of the Stevens dinasty did your stuff originate from mate as I have some too .Another line if you like .

all my stuff came from friends and keepers mate so don't know their history, the bitch I am off to get next week is only 8 months old but is very tidy,mainly parks bred,she comes off decent stuff though and if she is as good as the others she will do OK,Plucky

What Stevens stuff have you got,just interested.

all my stuff came from friends and keepers mate so don't know their history, the bitch I am off to get next week is only 8 months old but is very tidy,mainly parks bred,she comes off decent stuff though and if she is as good as the others she will do OK,Plucky
were abouts in lancs does he keep?

Feck me Dropper......you're only 50 well you could knock me down with a feather,you must of had a hell of a long paper round as a kid!!

And although hindsight is an easy thing I could see this coming a mile off mate,just check out his FB page he is now touching shoulders with the 'chinless' of the world.He is a nice lad and I don't think any less of him,but you ought to ease back on the throttle a bit bud cos it aint good for the blood pressure even if you reckon you are 50...............lol

Love you...........Martin

• Like 3

people always quick to make assumptions on here of other folk... and judge people when I bet they haven't even met them. or maybe they have, ...which I doubt it...most would be drinking and PMing behind folks back instead of just going out and letting the terrier bark not the owner.

every man is different and have different things going on in their life and every single person is unique.. if yous have dug together for 20 or 30 years and fell out over a lab, or whatever then yous aint mates your 2 ould women if it hadn't been for that mate havnig the same enthusiasm as you had you may not have had so much digging?... 94% of the men I hunt with wouldn't even come on this site, and when I mention it they just laff....but at the end of the day if it wasn't for this site the I.W.T.F. would never have been formed I don't think...its a way to reach out to certain folk that you could never just stumble on sometimes when doing terrier work... lets face it there is a lot of men who keep dogs but not too many dog men...and the only proper terrier men that I personally know grew up with terrier work loved it and took different path for a while and then came back into terrier work with the same standard as when they left it..its only when you take a gap...a breather as they say listen to other peoples view,,, travel. a bit.. then come back ..go out... and dont live what you hear...and they were more hype than terrier work telling me about last year!.... come back to what were genuine men when you left and come back to hype! go dig dogs on your own meet the same men of the same mindset and are now doing what they were meant to do...and be good at what they know ,,, using terriers to do what they were born to do and that is work.

But also if them same men came and said ahh, feck it im finished with the dogs... for about 72 hours id try and chat him into keeping such and such and remember why he has such and such. but if the candle goes out I respect a man more for just saying get them kenneled or there going to the vets.. than not working them and making coin... and if yous weren't so bitter and twisted maybe theyd get kenneled in good yards in a heart beat! I Laugh sometimes at the older generation that really think the genuine up and coming terrier men are not better than the older men who were looked at as a trades man so to speak.. now its the same only now were frowned upon by the folk who know no better..... still doing it and doing it in a better fashion than the older men!

• Like 4