Eddie Chapman

my mate got a nice small bitch from up north out of Nixon lines which hes putting too eddie stuff from royal artillery , were going down too choose a stud off Geoff, want something same stamp, there doing the job for him and thas mr chapmans stuff , I only found out today so I will give a pup a go

im sure I read in his book that they were diging in the dark quite deep and a fox was looking inn , now some of his book is a little jackanory imo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing's for sure about Eddie Chapman. His first book was one of the best, most practical books ever written on the subject. Terrierwork can't be learned from a book but if a young lad was to ask

Hes a very nice old boy whos probably forgot more than most know on here (no offence)and in retirement hes earning a few quid selling show dogs.Whats wrong with that. Last time I spoke to him he was l

Eddie is a nice guy and always gave me the best of welcome the guy as forgotten more than most of the idiots on here know you can't please everyone

So if mr chapman was to want another working Russell how many holding his stuff would help him..?????

don't matter who would help him he wouldn't know 100 % what he was getting like most who buy and not know or take another mans words , sadly this day and age you make your own judgement of what you breed according too what it does down under , personally only way , you take chances any one who says they don't are lying , .......its like drugs you never know what your getting these days

So if mr chapman was to want another working Russell how many holding his stuff would help him..?????

don't matter who would help him he wouldn't know 100 % what he was getting like most who buy and not know or take another mans words , sadly this day and age you make your own judgement of what you breed according too what it does down under , personally only way , you take chances any one who says they don't are lying , .......its like drugs you never know what your getting these days
yes but who would help him gain his stuff again, out of those who work his stuff??

yes but who would help him gain his stuff again, out of those who work his stuff??

don't really know but I hope they charge him like he charge them

don't really know but I hope they charge him like he charge them
much did he sell his working pups for?

Admittedly Mr.chapman has earned a lot of money through selling dogs mostly abroad, so have a few others and like it's already been said he has forgotten more than most will learn. Just remember that man has probably worked more animals under the ground than most could in 10 lifetimes and was one hell of man on a spade in his day. At least he sold his terriers, his line, the dogs he produced himself, not like hundreds of people who sell dogs or pups and advertise with a well known name alongside as a sales pitch to sell them. So to me he is inticled to do as he pleases with his own strain.

• Like 5

I had the pleasure of the man several times through the 80's. Not many could stay with him with a spade!! Dawn till dusk!!!! The dogs were a distinctive type and worked hard, not my type but " hey he was out every day, all day" the man has done it!! Very money oriented but so are loads more without the background. Fair play to the man.

• Like 1

You are spot on strongbow Eddie lived here in. The Rhondda valleys many years ago he worked down the mines on the old pick and shovel that man could shift some soil in is younger day there's not much that man hasn't dug a real gent

knew his uncle Windsor, he was a farmer just outside a little village called deri in South Wales. A gent an always remember him driving me to a earth I didn't know for, couldn't believe it as I must have walked within 100 yards of it dozens of times, local knowledge... Eddie lives for hunting an was in hunt service when money was tight, who can blame him from earning money to survive.
  • Like 1

One thing's for sure about Eddie Chapman. His first book was one of the best, most practical books ever written on the subject.

Terrierwork can't be learned from a book but if a young lad was to ask for a good book to learn from that's the book I'd suggest.

• Like 7