Can we have a topic about him? How will he fair and progress? Personally I like the lad, he seems really down to earth and humble. Think the whyte fight was abit more than it should be but then I suppose two young lads with history and both being brawlers and ko artists it was destined to be a scrappy fight. I hope they do have another fight and hope it's as entertaining to watch as the last

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a good honest scrap that was it was a shame he missed the count as he now has a stoppage on his record as opposed to a decision loss but it was a very entertaining fight fought in great spirit be

I think winning Olympic gold was always gonna put him in the lime light mate, no avoiding it I'm afraid

Look at Audley Harrison mate...   I've a feeling there's a bit more about Joshua though, some people are decrying his performance against Whyte, but I thought that was exactly the sort of fight he

I've watched this kid from an amateur due to his outstanding ability, I think if they manage him carefully and not allow him any big fights until he is a more established rings man not allowing anything to change his pre fight plan by losing his cool then he will reign for a long time in this division, the danger is greed from the management for a big pay day and pushing him in before he is ready, Plucky

• Like 1

I've watched this kid from an amateur due to his outstanding ability, I think if they manage him carefully and not allow him any big fights until he is a more established rings man not allowing anything to change his pre fight plan by losing his cool then he will reign for a long time in this division, the danger is greed from the management for a big pay day and pushing him in before he is ready, Plucky

:thumbs:

I think that is the problem he has been pushed for the money he can generate where I think if he was under the radar a bit more and could learn in HIS time he could be a very good world champion but we just have to wait and see

I think winning Olympic gold was always gonna put him in the lime light mate, no avoiding it I'm afraid

• Like 3

I think that is the problem he has been pushed for the money he can generate where I think if he was under the radar a bit more and could learn in HIS time he could be a very good world champion but we just have to wait and see

Exactly look what happened to David price bronze at the Olympics . Hyped up. was never ready for Tony Thompson .

Look at Audley Harrison mate...

I've a feeling there's a bit more about Joshua though, some people are decrying his performance against Whyte, but I thought that was exactly the sort of fight he needed, Whyte can bang and I think could upset a few of the heavies... He took the punch and finished him well, can do no more, early days but definitely an exiting prospect, he'll put bums on seats thats for sure.

• Like 3

Exactly look what happened to David price bronze at the Olympics . Hyped up. was never ready for Tony Thompson .
when you look at that you wonder what hus team were thinking what was TT bout 40-3 two of them tutle fights against klitchko? Price 14-0 or summat.

anyone of our HWs could have lost them fights at that stage of thwir career joshua fury lennox any of them .real silly move in hindsight

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 2

Think the whyte fight was abit more than it should be but then I suppose two young lads with history and both being brawlers and ko artists it was destined to be a scrappy fight. I hope they do have another fight and hope it's as entertaining to watch as the last

For a young lad who apparently doesnt know anything about boxing you have called that a lot better than most of the people on here trying to pull him up on his technique without having the nous to realise that when emotion comes into a fighters mindset technique go,s out the window......good for you young chap.

Joshua fought a very good fight in stages against a very capable fighter who was unbeaten....he had a scare and came through it to knock the guy out....thats all great......the big mistake he made which he has to make sure he never allows himself to do again is fight off of emotion........those boys went into that ring with the mental attitude of 2 teenagers off the estate meeting round the back of the flats for a straightener.....while it made for one of the most exciting British heavyweight fights in years if Joshua is looking towards world honours he can never make that mistake again......after he was tagged he got back on his boxing and showed his class so while its good to know you have that street fight mentality in the locker its still vital to have the mental skills to control it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

Think the whyte fight was abit more than it should be but then I suppose two young lads with history and both being brawlers and ko artists it was destined to be a scrappy fight. I hope they do have another fight and hope it's as entertaining to watch as the last

For a young lad who apparently doesnt know anything about boxing you have called that a lot better than most of the people on here trying to pull him up on his technique without having the nous to realise that when emotion comes into a fighters mindset technique go,s out the window......good for you young chap.

Joshua fought a very good fight in stages against a very capable fighter who was unbeaten....he had a scare and came through it to knock the guy out....thats all great......the big mistake he made which he has to make sure he never allows himself to do again is fight off of emotion........those boys went into that ring with the mental attitude of 2 teenagers off the estate meeting round the back of the flats for a straightener.....while it made for one of the most exciting British heavyweight fights in years if Joshua is looking towards world honours he can never make that mistake again......after he was tagged he got back on his boxing and showed his class so while its good to know you have that street fight mentality in the locker its still vital to have the mental skills to control it.

:thumbs:

I dont know about boxing gnash but had a scrap or two in my time and as you said thats what it looked like. It was a straightener and you could see that in every aspect of it. Not ashamed to say ive been put on my ass when emotions got the better of me but aint easy when its personal is it.

dosnt stop them going the traditional route british title an few defences then european title with bit luck in couple years he be fit for anybody
Not denying that mate, my point was his profile was huge before he even turned pro, he was a house hold name.

Not many turning pro have that burden.. Or leg up depending how you look at it..

Edited by NEWKID

Not denying that mate, my point was his profile was huge before he even turned pro, he was a house hold name.

Not many turning pro have that burden.. Or leg up depending how you look at it..

I totally agree....its one of the reasons im not a big fan of amateur boxing.....the ultimate prize in an amateur sport with no financial reward is huge earning potential !.... how can that be right.

Personally i lose a bit of interest in fighters when they become too popular as they start to focus as much on their image as their fighting ability.......tomorrow night is the type of cracking little show i like,some good hungry local lads out of local gyms at a nice local venue just out chasing their dreams.

Skysports 2 from 7.30pm.....John Ryder.....Tommy Martin/Johnny Hibbert should be a good little fight....keep an eye out for some unbeaten local youngsters just starting out Ohara Davies,Teddy Cheeseman and little Lucien Reid....give me the purity of a good little domestic card over the razzamatazz and boxing celebs any day of the week.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3