A Trip To Meath..80S

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One final tale of the pair . Marked up a big spot just outside Nobber. Again on pachysandra "permission". Box said between 7/8ft , Tilly was on first shift .Were all heads down , when suddenly Tilly s

Feel free to contribute to the thread niel as we shared good friends in the dog world....................Freinds....passed. ....Paccy an me mate n.m. Paccy pu

. Old kizzy on left. .. Last dig with Paccy and niel , back of Pollocks graveyard.

Posted Images

:laugh::laugh::laugh: , that was him all over. A complete rogue.

He was very well liked by the local foxhounds as he did a lot for them. But he still went out one night and shot 21 foxes, :laugh: .

He was a very good fly fisherman too. But that doesn't mean every trout in his freezer was hooked fair and square :laugh: .

He once called to my house at Christmas and handed me a large fish wrapped in plastic. Happy Christmas he said.

I gave it to my mother as she loves salmon. She opened the bag.

It was a 12 lb Brown trout with a hole through the top of it's head :laugh: it was as tough as old boots.

We called for him one Sunday morning and ended up putting one of his terriers in a big large rambling old disused badger sett.

There was a fox in it and it went to bolt, seen a lurcher and went back in.

For the next couple of hours the fox just went round and around and around the large tubes with the terrier chasing it.

Then Paccy informed us he had a game of rugby at 1 o clock and would we drop his lurcher and terrier home when we were finished. Off he went.

As soon as he was gone I put in a second terrier and the fox was killed a few minutes later. Had to be done.

Good times.

Treehands, had you anything to do with a pair of black terriers that Paccy got from Britain in the early 90s called Max and Kizzy ?

They were unrelated and Paccy dug literally 100's of foxes with them.

I wasn't going to comment on this Neil but me two mate's was out today for a shot as it was the last day of the season for them and they bummed into a chap in ardee who knew you, they got chatting about dogs and yourself and he said this doubling dogs up is a regular thing with you and the brown dog yea keep aren't up til much ,,,only saying chum
  • Like 2

He was very well liked by the local foxhounds as he did a lot for them. But he still went out one night and shot 21 foxes, :laugh: .

He was a very good fly fisherman too. But that doesn't mean every trout in his freezer was hooked fair and square :laugh: .

He once called to my house at Christmas and handed me a large fish wrapped in plastic. Happy Christmas he said.

It was a 12 lb Brown trout with a hole through the top of it's head :laugh: it was as tough as old boots.

We called for him one Sunday morning and ended up putting one of his terriers in a big large rambling old disused badger sett.

For the next couple of hours the fox just went round and around and around the large tubes with the terrier chasing it.

Then Paccy informed us he had a game of rugby at 1 o clock and would we drop his lurcher and terrier home when we were finished. Off he went.

As soon as he was gone I put in a second terrier and the fox was killed a few minutes later. Had to be done.

Good times.

Treehands, had you anything to do with a pair of black terriers that Paccy got from Britain in the early 90s called Max and Kizzy ?

I wasn't going to comment on this Neil but me two mate's was out today for a shot as it was the last day of the season for them and they bummed into a chap in ardee who knew you, they got chatting about dogs and yourself and he said this doubling dogs up is a regular thing with you and the brown dog yea keep aren't up til much ,,,only saying chum
i predict a riot, I predict a riot

Good times.

Another fooking gobshite can you not see this is about rembering poeple past have some respect if you wana slag neil off start a topic on it its not that hard im sure even you could do it

• Like 10

Good times.

This is the reason a lot of people don't comment on this site anymore.

• Like 7

Good times.

R you calling that man a bullshiter

Good times.

R you calling that man a bullshiter

Good times.

That's right Liam and if you do comment you get critisized and told your on an ego trip when your only commenting on a hunting related topic, which is the purpose of the forum. Others just like to come on for a slagging match and don't contribute in any other way other than ruining good threads with insults and childish posts. Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 7

Good times.

Mixedgrill either your telling lies or your shooting mates are telling lies as none of this shite was said.The chap they met while out shooting is a mate of mine and he had told me earlier this eve about running into the 2 lads.They got chatting and he said he done a bit of digging as they asked him was he shooting tommorow and he said no digging.Then 1 of them asked did he know of N,COONEY which he replied he did and it was your mate who done the talking saying conney doubles up and my mate said he never does as i had a dog in an earth many years ago with a failed collar and conney was there with a bitch and we also had another collar but he would not enter the bitch even then,and as for brown dogs?,N,COONEY does not keep brown terriers and my mate knows that,if your going to print something about a man at least get the truth.

• Like 8

Good times.

That's right Liam and if you do comment you get critisized and told your on an ego trip when your only commenting on a hunting related topic, which is the purpose of the forum. Others just like to come on for a slagging match and don't contribute in any other way other than ruining good threads with insults and childish posts.
why are you editing your post after I admitted I was wrong General

I think it's a great thread to compare the craic and fun fellas had before and great characters that were about before and now sadly passed.

and then compare it with the kind of guys around now, Mixedgrill and a few more have tried very hard on here and any other thread they can to slag off Neil, it's great to see just how far they'll go.

Some Craic

• Like 10