Barf Feeding

Yea I know there goodness in them,but just wondered if there was much meat on a sheep's head,used to feed pigs heads years ago when they was at the butchers,but don't see them as much these days

its got the cheeks,tongue,eyes and the muscle in the back of the mouth but they got to work at it.or you could boil them until it all comes off then just remove the skull.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...when I was a boy,... No,..seriously,..back in the 1990s,.I used to travel up to the Midlands and visit Abotoirs, to purchase sheeps heads, by the hundreds.. I also bought vanloads

Why don't you get a big mincer and sell it in weighed amounts,plenty of folk into barf feeding these days but the thought of messy dead bodies puts them off.Give these folks a chance at pre packed pac

There's a little click of us that all offer something to the collective pot so to speak Phil, it works cause no one takes the piss.

Nice to see them working for it ain't it mate ,they exercise their feet and jaws .

keeps them busy too for a lot longer than a bowl of food ,bit of a sh1t in the summer with the flies though.but then i just give it to them at night and throw it away in the morning.god knows what the bin men think because they have all parts of all animals in it.

• Like 1

Yea I know there goodness in them,but just wondered if there was much meat on a sheep's head,used to feed pigs heads years ago when they was at the butchers,but don't see them as much these days

They are all teeth and skull not much meat on them I wouldn't say.

I used to hang a pigs head up in the run for the staffs about 2 ft or higher they had to be standing on there back legs to reach it good exercise for them.only pigs teeth left the next day lol.

You've obviously never fed sheep heads then ... Plenty of meat on them ......

• Like 2

I used to hang a pigs head up in the run for the staffs about 2 ft or higher they had to be standing on there back legs to reach it good exercise for them.only pigs teeth left the next day lol.

Plenty on them what would you call plenty.

They are no good to me I'm feeding a 70lb dog not a terrier.

Two sheep heads will feed a dog that size.

• Like 1

I'm out walking 4 to 5 hrs a day.my dog needs more grub than a few sheep heads.

The 6 month old pup had 2 chicken carcass yesterday.

Ive no time for sheep's heads.each to there own.

Edited to add.

boiling them into a brawn consistency would probably be enough for the dog.but I've not the time or means to boil heads.

Hate cooking boiling anything for the dogs.totaly pointless killing off all the vitamins and nutrients in the cooked or boiled meat.

Edited by king

Edited to add.

boiling them into a brawn consistency would probably be enough for the dog.but I've not the time or means to boil heads.

Hate cooking boiling anything for the dogs.totaly pointless killing off all the vitamins and nutrients in the cooked or boiled meat.

You do whatever you want to do ... My original point was that there is enough meat on sheeps heads to feed a dog on .......

Edited to add.

You do whatever you want to do ... My original point was that there is enough meat on sheeps heads to feed a dog on .......

The 1980s miner strike is over socks it's 2016.f***ing sheep's heads.lol

Edited to add.

The 1980s miner strike is over socks it's 2016.f***ing sheep's heads.lol

Your basing your whole argument on guess work as you don't know in reality whether sheep heads are good or not .... I could guess you are six foot handsome Adonis of a man ... But in reality you are probably a short fat ugly fukcer that can't walk more than 300 meters without blubbering in pain .... See how guess work and reality differ ......

• Like 2

Ah the verbal abuse is now starting from the man who is never wrong did you do a Google search on sheeps heads.i bet you got a f***ing head likes a sheep's head you soppy twat.

I knew lads who used whole sheep cut up to feed there dogs when times were hard.

How many sheep's heads would it take to strip 3lb of meat off.im using at least that a day.

You might of been a scruffy c**t would couldn't afford other grub for your dogs that's not my problem.

I can picture you now in the garden standing around your Cauldron stirring sheep's heads pmsl.you knob head

There was no abuse from me young man just showing you the difference between guess work and reality ... Tell me something if you think I know fukc all then why did you send me a on asking for a day out with me and why did you send me a pm asking what to put in a dogs first aid kit ??? There's plenty of lads on here that have had a walk out with me and seen what I do how many have walked sorry limped out with you your highness ??? .......

• Like 1