Barf Feeding

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...when I was a boy,... No,..seriously,..back in the 1990s,.I used to travel up to the Midlands and visit Abotoirs, to purchase sheeps heads, by the hundreds.. I also bought vanloads

Why don't you get a big mincer and sell it in weighed amounts,plenty of folk into barf feeding these days but the thought of messy dead bodies puts them off.Give these folks a chance at pre packed pac

There's a little click of us that all offer something to the collective pot so to speak Phil, it works cause no one takes the piss.

:hmm:Back in the day,...when I was a boy,... :laugh::laugh:

No,..seriously,..back in the 1990s,.I used to travel up to the Midlands and visit Abotoirs, to purchase sheeps heads, by the hundreds.. I also bought vanloads of sheep's paunches..the price was ridiculous,..really low,.I just had to go. :laugh:

Lots of local lads fed their dogs very economicaly on the sheeps heads,..and back then,...we had some right good ole jukels :thumbs:Never, ever,..boiled up the heads,..always fed raw,...plenty of meat on them for a roustabout lurcher,...maybe a purpose bred racer or match dog might need a wee bit more 'powerhouse' grub,.but for a moucher's dog,..there was plenty enough to chew on...

Obviously, if money is no problem,..a man can afford to feed whatever he likes,.but personaly, I will go a long way for a good vanload of beef trim,.bullocks hearts,..or even sheep's heads.... :thumbs:

Copy%20of%20File0068.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 10

I feed raw ,and have for ages ,I think the main thing to watch for is freshness ,one place I used to get it from it was sitting in their yard and was rank ,it was hard visiting there in the summer without wretching.

BARF is also big business now so harder to get free or bargain food

• Like 2

The communal freezer normally has a good load of tripe, beef trim, chicken carcasses, lamb ribs, rabbits and any fish we catch that are over (not many before you all jump in lol).

The dogs get fed pretty well amongst our little gang, thanks to one of the lads weekly trips to the abattoir.

• Like 1

:yes:@ NEWKID,.... Wish I had a good pal like that.. :thumbs:

There's a little click of us that all offer something to the collective pot so to speak Phil, it works cause no one takes the piss.

• Like 3

:yes:@ NEWKID,.... Wish I had a good pal like that.. :thumbs:

wish I had a little click like that. Everyone is out for themselves lok

I don't believe that mate, most are decent with a sprinkling of c**ts thrown in. lol..

• Like 1

There was no abuse from me young man just showing you the difference between guess work and reality ... Tell me something if you think I know fukc all then why did you send me a on asking for a day out with me and why did you send me a pm asking what to put in a dogs first aid kit ??? There's plenty of lads on here that have had a walk out with me and seen what I do how many have walked sorry limped out with you your highness ??? .......

Calling me an ugly f****r no abuse you cheeky 50yr old prick.

You pm me first asking were I was from etc and then I mentioned a day out.

2 pm I pm a good few lads asking the same question.which was basically if you could choose some kit from a vet for a first aid box what would it be.

As I was getting a list together.that a mate had asked me for as he has access to a large vet supply chain.

And I have been out with a few lads off here.

I was out with a cracking lad off here a few weeks ago.

And have chatted to lads via pm who have come to the same conclusion as me.

That being you are a know it all mouthy prick.

Cheers king.

Phil I still get the sheep heads 50p each,dogs love them,find the teeth everywhere mind lol can't beat the lungs/liver aswel dogs do real good on it,boy I work with gives me all the deer carcasses that he shoots,sometimes 3/4 at a time in season,my ferrets love abit of venison, but then again don't we all.atb dc

• Like 2

There was no abuse from me young man just showing you the difference between guess work and reality ... Tell me something if you think I know fukc all then why did you send me a on asking for a day out with me and why did you send me a pm asking what to put in a dogs first aid kit ??? There's plenty of lads on here that have had a walk out with me and seen what I do how many have walked sorry limped out with you your highness ??? .......

2 pm I pm a good few lads asking the same question.which was basically if you could choose some kit from a vet for a first aid box what would it be.

As I was getting a list together.that a mate had asked me for as he has access to a large vet supply chain.

Cheers king.

Oh my god you've really hurt my feelings now ... Still it's better than being a clueless know fukc all prick .......

• Like 2

Cheers king.

Oh my god you've really hurt my feelings now ... Still it's better than being a clueless know fukc all prick .......

Go and search a few other threads and Google the answer so you look like knowledgable dog man.

Do you seriously expect me to believe the shit you spout when your dogs sleep on a flea and tick infested stinking couch lol.the f***ing thing needs burning.

Cheers king.

Go and search a few other threads and Google the answer so you look like knowledgable dog man.

Do you seriously expect me to believe the shit you spout when your dogs sleep on a flea and tick infested stinking couch lol.the f***ing thing needs burning.

Yet again your talking about something you know fukc all about ... Seems to be the story of your life ......

• Like 1

Lol,king,ken's a sound bloke,him and Wales1234 got off on the wrong foot,but after a meet up ken's like owain brother from another mother;)enjoy the crack cause no fuckers born with a fifty yr old head we all still learning lol.atb dc

• Like 2