Masters Snooker.

Ive never seen a sportsman as naturally gifted as Ronnie.......its almost taking the piss that somebody could be that good without having to work hard.

the only other was arnie he took 5 yrs off from mr Olympia came back and won it with ease too

Yes but he trained his bollocks off.......Ronnie doesnt :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive never seen a sportsman as naturally gifted as Ronnie.......its almost taking the piss that somebody could be that good without having to work hard.

Ronnies like a box ov choccys, that trump v Robertson was probably the best snooker I've seen ever wow, ronnie v trump final would be cool but he's gotta play a semi

Looks like Ronnies gonna steamroller him!   Cheers, D.

the only other was arnie he took 5 yrs off from mr Olympia came back and won it with ease too

so did every other competitor but arnie was just one of the naturally gifted body builders off all time. Just like best aswell

so did every other competitor but arnie was just one of the naturally gifted body builders off all time. Just like best aswell

To me Arnie was the greatest bodybuilder in history no question about it.........but he wasnt particularly gifted genetically he had to work hard.....besides which ive never classed bodybuilding as a sport.......A sportsman who can turn up on the day with no training and win tournaments with the ease O Sullivan can is a very rare gift the likes of which i dont ever remember seeing.

• Like 1

To me Arnie was the greatest bodybuilder in history no question about it.........but he wasnt particularly gifted genetically he had to work hard.....besides which ive never classed bodybuilding as a sport.......A sportsman who can turn up on the day with no training and win tournaments with the ease O Sullivan can is a very rare gift the likes of which i dont ever remember seeing.
you don't class bodybuilding as a sport but it is gym time that gets the men in good nick, but snooker is as sporty as decorating a house but you do class it as a sport???

Osullivans talent makes a mockery of the game ! To not pick up a que for months then beat the best in that game that play and practice day in day out is freakish . Not only that but He can play left handed can you imagine say tiger woods suddenly playing the best in the world left handed. I hate using words like genius but I think Ronnie is a actual snooker genius and I use that word that I can't think of another word to describe he's talent !

• Like 1

you don't class bodybuilding as a sport but it is gym time that gets the men in good nick, but snooker is as sporty as decorating a house but you do class it as a sport???

Having been a bodybuilder for many years the only thing i have ever disliked about it was competing.....i found it hideous and embarrassing........to me bodybuilding is about personal achievement not looking better than the man next to me.....if a 16 year old lad who lifts a barbell in his bedroom dedicates himself and applies himself correctly he is a bodybuilder every bit as much as Ronnie Coleman is.....how can a competetive sport be won or lost on a panel of judges opinions.....how can a sport be won or lost on whether you have too much lotion or whether your posing wasnt up to scratch.....competition must have " a match "....it must have the possibility of skill or excitement bodybuilding doesnt have any of that.....to me bodybuilding is a leisure hobby....snooker is a leisure sport.

Probably like yourself i have an interest and admiration for working/sporting dogs ?.......tell me.....do you think Kennel Club show dogs are competing in a sport ?.......they are competing and aiming for what they believe to be the perfect physical specimen so if bodybuilding should be regarded as sport for humans shouldnt dog shows be regarded as sport for dogs........you get where im coming from ?

• Like 1

Having been a bodybuilder for many years the only thing i have ever disliked about it was competing.....i found it hideous and embarrassing........to me bodybuilding is about personal achievement not looking better than the man next to me.....if a 16 year old lad who lifts a barbell in his bedroom dedicates himself and applies himself correctly he is a bodybuilder every bit as much as Ronnie Coleman is.....how can a competetive sport be won or lost on a panel of judges opinions.....how can a sport be won or lost on whether you have too much lotion or whether your posing wasnt up to scratch.....competition must have " a match "....it must have the possibility of skill or excitement bodybuilding doesnt have any of that.....to me bodybuilding is a leisure hobby....snooker is a leisure sport.

Probably like yourself i have an interest and admiration for working/sporting dogs ?.......tell me.....do you think Kennel Club show dogs are competing in a sport ?.......they are competing and aiming for what they believe to be the perfect physical specimen so if bodybuilding should be regarded as sport for humans shouldnt dog shows be regarded as sport for dogs........you get where im coming from ?

I know what you mean, done hell a lot of training when I was younger myself, where do you stand with the darts? not very active but mentally tough same as snooker same as body building its a mental challenge more than physical where the bodybuilding is mental and physical , where do you stand with greyhound racing compared to coursing?

Id book darts as a sport yes,and greyhound racing.........both contain excitement,skill,prowess etc......bodybuilding requires none of that.....like i say even the weakest most narrow shouldered little gimp in the world can be a bodybuilder if he applies himself correctly ( you ask Socks :D )....coursing for me has been adapted to be a sport but no i wouldnt say its as pure as greyhound racing and as you can probably tell im a purist !....besides which,from a spectators point of view bodybuilding is not even watchable as the moment of imminent drama is non existent........whats your thoughts ?

• Like 1

Well I for one was totally disappointed with the final. What a boring match. In fact I can't think of a worse one. Hawkins seemed to drain the character out of the truly only snooker player on this planet. This man is a genius and should be given some kind of sporting accolade befitting a brilliant sportsperson.

Gnash - Are you defining the difference between a sport and a hobby as the sport can have a definitive outcome - i.e. a snooker player beats the other guy by scoring more points, so that's a sport, but a bodybuilder wins a competition based on someone else's opinion? Kind of makes sense put like that.

Id agree with all the comments re bodybuilding not being a sport and snooker and darts both being sports for the reasons already mentioned but for debating sake were does that leave gymnastics then as thats judged on someone elses opinion the same as bodybuilding