What People Do For Work?

Great stuff MM, i'll deffo give you a shout next time i'm down the big smoke. ;)

it'll be a pleasure . I met green lurchers of here the other week for the first time he was up town with he's lad and we had some food in Chinatown . we chatted dogs for ages could've done with a bit longer talking really . But anytime your up Bosun just let me know ?
  • Like 5

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cabinet maker

You lot are going to piss yourselves when I tell you what I do now. Since I retired from fishing I have been Ironing clothes for a living. It helps pay the bills and I work in the warm and watch TV wh

like I say Gnash anytime your up let me know and we have a natter . That green hut is on temple place I stop there for a brew regular .  Gnash is right we have to learn what they call the knowledge

Posted Images

London black cabbie

Well i never.....im often jumping in a sherbert how will i recognise you :D how you finding that app thing they all moan about i have a natter with them from time to time it seems to of slowed a lot of them down.
yeah it has taken the cream of it a bit but it still ain't bad mate . I'm not really the type to moan about it really I just graft a bit harder . if your ever up west or in the city send me a PM and we can meet up and have a natter, I know some good eating establishments my treat. Yep I reckon My black cab is the only one that's got a tow bar and and had more terrier boxes in the back than any other . The gamekeeper on my permo always laughs when I pull up in my cab and get out with my terriers ready for a dig lol

No if im taking a man away from his work then the milky bars are on me ;) i was round that way last week my legal eagles are at Pump Court Chambers and we often nip over for a bit of lunch with old man Sami in Salieris opposite the Savoy he,s been there years....if not there we often jump in a cab over to Benares in Berkeley Square if its someone im trying to impress :D mind you i only go there to look at the motors next door !.....like yourself i dont mind driving round London im a crap driver so having a quick car gets me out of trouble but i love London theres a couple of people i know who have done the knowledge i dont think you get stressed by busy traffic when you,ve grown up round it,i often stop at them little green shed things for a sarnie and have a natter with the cab boys theres one on that road between the Embankment and the Strand i forget what street it is now....blimey its good to chat with someone who knows London better than i do :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16

London black cabbie

no way, I thought all gypsies were scrap collectors or tarmacers, or robbers, but you taxi for a living ??? Are you sure your not just a settled person that just likes a bita camping with a touring caravan?? Lol, fair play to u mm I done a bit in the recession and hated every min of it,
  • Like 1

no way, I thought all gypsies were scrap collectors or tarmacers, or robbers, but you taxi for a living ??? Are you sure your not just a settled person that just likes a bita camping with a touring caravan?? Lol, fair play to u mm I done a bit in the recession and hated every min of it,

With all due respect chief driving a black cab aint anything like doing a bit of cabbing.......it takes them an average of 4 years i think it is to do the knowledge and from what ive seen its not something you can just play at its a big commitment and fair play to anyone who can get their nut round everything they have to learn.

Edited by gnasher16

Anyone do telecom communication tower maintenance and repairs seen a job advert for one only need manual handling and safe pass and a good head for hights anyone know what the money like?

very good money, lad I worked with left a factory because he got grandish a week plus digs

I do telecoms but the green cabinets on the side of roads installing new Internet lines. Same money

With all due respect chief driving a black cab aint anything like doing a bit of cabbing.......it takes them an average of 4 years i think it is to do the knowledge and from what ive seen its not something you can just play at its a big commitment and fair play to anyone who can get their nut round everything they have to learn.
if your born ane reared in a city it ain't that hard to drive around them, I just didn't expect mm to be a cabbie, takes a certain over laid back man or woman with the patience of a saint to do it year on year

if your born ane reared in a city it ain't that hard to drive around them, I just didn't expect mm to be a cabbie, takes a certain over laid back man or woman with the patience of a saint to do it year on year
like I say Gnash anytime your up let me know and we have a natter . That green hut is on temple place I stop there for a brew regular .

Gnash is right we have to learn what they call the knowledge which is a full time commitment in itself basically we have to learn every street and building of any importance and the history in the whole of London ! I studied and learned almost full time while trying to keep my family which wasn't easy . Then we get tested its not like a normal test in that if you mess up you have to start again and they add time until your next test . I know one man it took him 8 years to pass the knowledge ?. But your right I do believe you do have to be a calm and laid back person to put up with the shit sometimes Lenmcharristar ?

My father says I'm a bit of a enigma where travellers are concerned . My life in short is we lived in a trailer moving about but then my father moved us into a house in SE London . I mixed with non travellers and settled travellers a like And went to school . I lived in a house until I got married then went back in a trailer on the move for the last 20 odd years moving in the summer and staying on a site in the winter . I done this until 3 years ago I'm 45 now , when I bought my own house . While I was living on the site I done the knowledge I used to go out on my scooter to learn the streets , something everybody doing the knowledge has do do everyday , and used to get laughed at by the other travellers . I know the ones that didn't understand thought " look at this dosser " lol but once they understand I work for myself and how much money I can earn they soon learn lol .My father used to say I run with the fox and hunt with the hounds !! Sorry for the long post lads ?

• Like 12

like I say Gnash anytime your up let me know and we have a natter . That green hut is on temple place I stop there for a brew regular .

Gnash is right we have to learn what they call the knowledge which is a full time commitment in itself basically we have to learn every street and building of any importance and the history in the whole of London ! I studied and learned almost full time while trying to keep my family which wasn't easy . Then we get tested its not like a normal test in that if you mess up you have to start again and they add time until your next test . I know one man it took him 8 years to pass the knowledge . But your right I do believe you do have to be a calm and laid back person to put up with the shit sometimes Lenmcharristar

My father says I'm a bit of a enigma where travellers are concerned . My life in short is we lived in a trailer moving about but then my father moved us into a house in SE London . I mixed with non travellers and settled travellers a like And went to school . I lived in a house until I got married then went back in a trailer on the move for the last 20 odd years moving in the summer and staying on a site in the winter . I done this until 3 years ago I'm 45 now , when I bought my own house . While I was living on the site I done the knowledge I used to go out on my scooter to learn the streets , something everybody doing the knowledge has do do everyday , and used to get laughed at by the other travellers . I know the ones that didn't understand thought " look at this dosser " lol but once they understand I work for myself and how much money I can earn they soon learn lol .My father used to say I run with the fox and hunt with the hounds !! Sorry for the long post lads

fair play to ye mm, maybe your a traveller evolving into a settled man haha, evolution at work.

Anyone do telecom communication tower maintenance and repairs seen a job advert for one only need manual handling and safe pass and a good head for hights anyone know what the money like?

very good money, lad I worked with left a factory because he got grandish a week plus digs
I do telecoms but the green cabinets on the side of roads installing new Internet lines. Same money

As far as I no this is only maintenance work and putting them up after applying for it see what happens

I'm a Team leader at a firm that builds Sonar for the Navy. We're building the Flank and Bow sonar for the Astute class Submarine for the next year or two.

That's pretty cool. Thales? I've delved into the Sonar world a few times through work, same stuff as any other engineering type job I guess but the application is at least interesting. Do you ever get out on field trials?

As for me, I'm a professional geek working in Research for oilfield and mineral logging.

Edited by Born Hunter

I'm a Team leader at a firm that builds Sonar for the Navy. We're building the Flank and Bow sonar for the Astute class Submarine for the next year or two.

That's pretty cool. Thales? I've delved into the Sonar world a few times through work, same stuff as any other engineering type job I guess but the application is at least interesting. Do you ever get out on field trials?

As for me, I'm a professional geek working in Research for oilfield and mineral logging.

Do you do oilfield logging...? Production,intervention or exploration