English Bull And Their Crosses Thread.

terriersoflongago021.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsw9vqn4zr.jpg

both of the above are litter brothers and have E/B in their blood..1/4 if i can recall corectly.

IMG_0672_zpsfspj7ir6.jpg

E/B x russell.was a very good dog for his work.

IMG_0702_zpsknd24qip.jpg

my 1st x E/B Benson.Worked hard and was losy to ground,when he slipped into an unknow earth.got him out the next day but dead.

IMG_0692_zpsgjiuey8f.jpg

1/4 E/B....very intense and troublesome ,did her job well.

terriersoflongago021.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsw9vqn4zr.jpg

both of the above are litter brothers and have E/B in their blood..1/4 if i can recall corectly.

IMG_0672_zpsfspj7ir6.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsknd24qip.jpg

my 1st x E/B Benson.Worked hard and was losy to ground,when he slipped into an unknow earth.got him out the next day but dead.

IMG_0692_zpsgjiuey8f.jpg

Nice dogs jigsaw anything like this about now?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

both of the above are litter brothers and have E/B in their blood..1/4 if i can recall corectly.     E/B x russell.was a very good dog for his work.     my 1st x E/B Benson.Worked hard and w

a good bitch in her day  

This one was a handy rabbiter alright lol

Posted Images

Jaysus Jigsaw they're terrible pictures. What iPhones were ye using back then?

.it all happened many moons ago.... there are all terrier Xs now a days but if there genuine you still see the old influence a mile off.... may not just be in the head either..

terriersoflongago021.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsw9vqn4zr.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsfspj7ir6.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsknd24qip.jpg

IMG_0692_zpsgjiuey8f.jpg

terriersoflongago021.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsw9vqn4zr.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsfspj7ir6.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsknd24qip.jpg

IMG_0692_zpsgjiuey8f.jpg

Nice dogs jigsaw anything like this about now?

not that im aware of but i expect someone somewhere has similar,

Jaysus Jigsaw they're terrible pictures. What iPhones were ye using back then?

happy days bryan,no technology at all.Life was so much simpler back then,and way more relaxed,as you can remember yourself ,lol

• Like 1

terriersoflongago021.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsw9vqn4zr.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsfspj7ir6.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsknd24qip.jpg

IMG_0692_zpsgjiuey8f.jpg

Thanks for sharing, love to see these old pics very nostalgic :thumbs:

White dog in the 3rd pic is a handsome type indeed :yes:

I wonder if this breed would have been more widely accepted if it had been called the Irish bull terrier

I think a lack of success at the trials was worked most against it being used more. The red hand dog was successful and used a lot on the back of that.

In your opinion Sounder has the EBT ever improved any of the breeds his blood was added too ?

Maybe not breeds, but it must have added something to strains for guys to have persisted with those lines and strains that had that blood? Rather than going back to "pure" terrier?

You'll have to ask some hard questions the next time you're down on the river.

Myself and A were talking with a guy who offered his pay cheque for a 1/4 EBT cross bitch, way back when. Asked if she was the best bitch he'd seen? No, he said she had some knacks about her , but he knew she'd produce.

He never bought her, but she produced a lot of bitches (and dogs) that again produced.

I've never heard any of the guys that put it in say they put it in for gameness. They wanted sounders.

• Like 1

I wonder if this breed would have been more widely accepted if it had been called the Irish bull terrier

I think a lack of success at the trials was worked most against it being used more. The red hand dog was successful and used a lot on the back of that.
I understand that but the trials were only a game played in one country and the bull terrier has spanned the globe as a working dog and I've got a feeling the Irishmen that were at the trials would have been more willing to work with the breed if it was a Irish creation and not a English one

I understand that but the trials were only a game played in one country and the bull terrier has spanned the globe as a working dog and I've got a feeling the Irishmen that were at the trials would have been more willing to work with the breed if it was a Irish creation and not a English one

2 Countries maybe? Some people say Northern Ireland is a part of the UK you know. Some of those guys were heavily involved in the games as you call it. Unless you see Ireland as a 32 county state, which I'd applaud?

They hardly thought the Staffordshire Bull terrier was somehow more Irish.

• Like 3