God News For Diesel Drivers....

The dropping fuel prices is welcome news to most, but crude trading at $37bbl paints a very bleak outlook for North Sea oil, and puts tens of thousands of jobs in the firing line. And it may get a lot worse before it gets any better.

North Sea oil isn't a easy drill anymore and was only surviving due to the high crude barrel prices. Like you say not a good outlook for the lads involved.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My car is involved in the "emissions scandal", but the bottom line is simple for me.....   99p a litre, 40 mpg round town, 70+ on motorways - I don't care if dead kittens come out the ar5e end !

Supermarket derv is a cheap sub standard derv that can help feck up your motor,a few mechanics have told me about it and Tesco's are one of the worse to buy from..

I pray for the day when all oil uses are replaced with renewal/alternative energies. Then the Saudis can go f**k them selves.

shame they don t do it around here its still 105.9 here

I've just paid 99.9p per litre in Street/Glastonbury area, unleaded is the same price.

Even though diesel is much cheaper to produce. Crude prices have dropped 50% or more recently and they only take less than 25% off the retail price. And we all think we're getting a good deal!

• Like 1

My car is involved in the "emissions scandal", but the bottom line is simple for me.....

99p a litre, 40 mpg round town, 70+ on motorways - I don't care if dead kittens come out the ar5e end !

LOL!!!! Fs That made me laugh!! im in the same situation mate, got a letter couple weeks back saying they will sort it sometime this year. Wont be long until other firms are caught for the same thing

I've just paid 99.9p per litre in Street/Glastonbury area, unleaded is the same price.

Even though diesel is much cheaper to produce. Crude prices have dropped 50% or more recently and they only take less than 25% off the retail price. And we all think we're getting a good deal!

Who's fault is that? If the commodity price drops by half the price at the pump cannot drop by the same factor......... Even if we ignore all the operating and processing costs of the oil companies and they literally give it away, it would still cost the consumer something like 70p a liter at the pump.

Brent crude prices have dropped from around a peak of $120 a barrel to bottoming out at a low of about $35 before Christmas. Do the maths, taking into account processing costs, duty, VAT etc the price at the pump is not a bad reflection on this at all.

Edited by Born Hunter

One successful attack on a Saudi pipeline and we might all be paying £2 a liter, such is the fragility of the current market. LOL

I pray for the day when all oil uses are replaced with renewal/alternative energies. Then the Saudis can go f**k them selves.

• Like 2

Something like 75% of the pump price is taxes, VAT and various other ways of milking a cash cow !

30 quid derv in my motor lasts a week and i do some driving never known nothing like it

Is that in the taxi? :whistling:

They have only just gone and unveiled the new shape 2016 after keeping the same shape for 6 years or so :laugh: first service coming up in 50 days so il let you know if im still happy with it after then ?