White Rabbit

Nice...I have caught gingers, blondies, blacks and even a three legged one, but I never saw a white.

same here iv had them black with white patches ,white with black patches ,ginger, long hair,d ones and short hair,d ones and one with next to no hair at all

but i have seen two pure white fox,s on one of our perms

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

The New Zealand White isn't just a big fat thing, it's colossal. They grow to about 12lb and are the main breed used for commercial rabbit meat production.

About 10 years ago there was a litter of rabbit kits born to a normal coloured doe in a hedge not far from where I live. Three of the kits were white, the rest were normal coloured. I often used to see them feeding near the hedge in the evenings. I'd made up my mind that once they were fully grown I was going to try and catch one of them, but it never happened as I don't think they made it to adulthood. Gradually they disappeared and the last time I saw one it was about three quarters grown. I suspect they were just such an obvious target they never really stood a chance. That's the only time I've ever seen whites in the wild. I'm guessing for such a statistically high number to be born in one litter the doe must have been mated by either an escaped white buck, or perhaps a normal coloured buck that itself had an escaped white for a parent.

Either way, that gene died out with the 3 kits as I never again saw anything other than normal coloured rabbits within miles of that hedge.

• Like 1

When we where first allowed to shoot the university at work we shot all colours apart from pure white I reckon folk saw all the wild rabbits at there work and dumped the bairns pets when they got fed up of them . I caught a dwarf rabbit and a English rabbit and bought them home but they had young and I had more rabbits in the garden than I had in the freezer so I stopped that and put them in the bag after that

• Like 2