Van Gaal

Newkid, agree with almost all with what you say apart from them being professional , being that they give 100% and Costa hasn't hazard hasn't and watching Memphis at utd Saturday, well you must be joking, if anybody thinks van gall should keep his job!!! Well to be honest pulis would do a better job by far...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jd hahaha how deluded are you the keeper is world glass and if it wasn't for him I hate to think where about we would be, player of season the last two seasons and a toss up between himself and smalli

I think he's doing a great job :)

I watched the game on MOTD last night mate, I have to say that team is a shadow of what you have had in previous years......not even a shadow, they are nothing like the teams we have all known.   Th

The difference between Fergie and Mourhino is that at United no player was bigger than the club.

Fergie got rid of all the alkies then Ince Beckham Van Nistelroy Keene and Staam because they rubbed him up the wrong way. Result? Decades of success.

A trio of jokers at Chelsea were allowed to unseat one of the best managers the game has seen.

Abromovich must be stupid.

MUFC would be daft not to ditch VG and hire Mourhino.

Edited by jukel123

The difference between Fergie and Mourhino is that at United no player was bigger than the club.

Fergie got rid of all the alkies then Ince Beckham Van Nistelroy Keene and Staam because they rubbed him up the wrong way. Result? Decades of success.

A trio of jokers at Chelsea were allowed to unseat one of the best managers the game has seen.

Abromovich must be stupid.

The problem then is Abromivich, he should of backed the manager and let him f**k off the bad apples, then backed him to rebuild.. problem is it has to be instant in todays game, no matter who you are.

Fergie was given the time, given free reign (pretty much) and it worked (eventually) don't forget it took over 5 years for him to get his winning mentality across, and once he had he made sure it was his way or you were out.

At this stage I think Mourihno is the right man for UTD, if he is given the full backing and the time.

Unfortunately I don't think there is the time now to have someone like Gaurdiola in, as much as I would love to see his type of possession style football that was built over years at Barcelona right back to Johan Cruyff, it was developed over time and Gaurdiola reaped the rewards from years of development, although credit to him for perhaps taking it to another level.

I just think Mourinho will get rewards quicker than Gaurdiola and unfortunately that will probably swing it.

• Like 2

Newkid, agree with almost all with what you say apart from them being professional , being that they give 100% and Costa hasn't hazard hasn't and watching Memphis at utd Saturday, well you must be joking, if anybody thinks van gall should keep his job!!! Well to be honest pulis would do a better job by far...

There was definitely something wrong at Chelsea, and I think Van Gall stifles the life out of players..

But I don't believe players will intentionally play shit to get the manager the sack...

Serious reply here for a change, seriously in wonder what the expectation of fans actually is at Man U.......I mean I have seen Rooney get slagged something rotten but when I have watched him he is the only recognisable "old style" Man U player on the pitch.

Last time I saw him he was playing mid field and was spraying absolutely pristine diagonal passes, pressing when he could, sitting when he had to, always wanted the ball.....he was the classiest thing on the pitch........the fact the other players couldn't control the ball wasn't his fault, they were shite.

So, given that lots do t know what they are talking about when it comes to Rooney......do they know what they are talking about with Van Gaal ?

When I watched, Side Show Bob was up front and he looked about as much of a forward as Steven Hawkin !!!

Does anyone think he bought Schwienstiger at his age to turn a team around?......no, players of his class are there to help bring young players through......if you are a young mid fielder who better to train with and play with than the likes of Schwienstiger ?

He has got slagged too because obviously when you got Schwienstiger they thought they were getting the German national side......well they wasn't, they were getting one of the best mid field players in the world who has won every major honour who has the end of his career closer than the start.......but your youngsters got a class act to learn from.

Your trophys ain't this year, they are in 3 or 5 years.......that's where you are at.

The fact is, most of the support are "sing when your winning" types and they want success and they want it NOW !

Deluded !

• Like 2

:tongue2:

About time we had a bit of a serious football talk on here, was starting to loose the faith after all those SAFC threads. :laugh:

Ps. Sorry Max.. :tongue2:

ya but this thread was started by safc supporter :tongue2:

Yeah but it weren't about SAFC was it? :laugh: Nothing against your club btw, its just a being done to death by saturation kind of thing. :laugh::thumbs:

Serious reply here for a change, seriously in wonder what the expectation of fans actually is at Man U.......I mean I have seen Rooney get slagged something rotten but when I have watched him he is the only recognisable "old style" Man U player on the pitch.

Last time I saw him he was playing mid field and was spraying absolutely pristine diagonal passes, pressing when he could, sitting when he had to, always wanted the ball.....he was the classiest thing on the pitch........the fact the other players couldn't control the ball wasn't his fault, they were shite.

So, given that lots do t know what they are talking about when it comes to Rooney......do they know what they are talking about with Van Gaal ?

When I watched, Side Show Bob was up front and he looked about as much of a forward as Steven Hawkin !!!

Does anyone think he bought Schwienstiger at his age to turn a team around?......no, players of his class are there to help bring young players through......if you are a young mid fielder who better to train with and play with than the likes of Schwienstiger ?

He has got slagged too because obviously when you got Schwienstiger they thought they were getting the German national side......well they wasn't, they were getting one of the best mid field players in the world who has won every major honour who has the end of his career closer than the start.......but your youngsters got a class act to learn from.

Your trophys ain't this year, they are in 3 or 5 years.......that's where you are at.

The fact is, most of the support are "sing when your winning" types and they want success and they want it NOW !

Deluded !

At last some sensible football yap lol..

I had a constant row with Baw on here about Rooney (mind you he's Scottish so what does he know about football lol).

He is a class act, his record speaks for itself, you don't become the countries record goal scorer and soon to be the clubs record goal scorer too without being a bit special.

Personally I knew it would be a barren few years (in comparison), Fergie got the very best out of that side to win the league in his last season, but with Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic etc all going it was a huge rebuild, Moyes was left a thankless task and wasn't the man for the job.

For me I just can't see what Van Gaul is trying to achieve on the pitch, I get what you're saying about Scwienstiger but really!! Giggs is still about, Rooney is one of the best seasoned pro's about, Mata can certainly play a bit, I don't buy into the buy him to teach the kids. He was a great player and I think Van gaul thought he could squezze another good season or 2 out of him.

But look what happened to Di Maria, he was unreal in his first 10 games or so, then it all started going wrong, that man is a class player and proved he could bring it to the Premier league, but something went wrong, bad management?

I would love to watch UTD play the way they should, as fans we've been spoilt for 20 years or so, not only with silver ware but with the way the team played, real pace and real desire, I love the tika taka style but it can at times get a bit boring (don't shoot me down for that statement lol).. For me UTD on a flying counter attack, shifting the ball quickly and forwards, was great to watch.

The next manager in is vital, I'm sure Van Gauls days are numbered, and at some point the club has to stick and be patient, but the foundation is there, this isn't a complete re build, I don't think it should take 5 years to at least compete, this is the 3rd season after Fergie, another 5 years we can't wait that long!! lol

• Like 2

I reckon some of your big sides are now seeing the effect of just signing 'big names' to appease fans. Man U started to panic when things went pear shaped with DM......thinking that the big names would come and save it all. This has been a great example of how throwing money at superstars and trying to make shift a team is no good. Needing to start again with some ball winners like a Scholes or a Keane. Get rid of some of these fairies that are more interested in there shiney boots.

Deluded !

I dont know were your sources are for expectations but I for one and most others u speak for just want to watch a decent game of football, werent you west hams fans all prattling on about the west ham way? I think man utd is a little better known for attacking football than west ham so after spending god knows how many hundreds of millions of pounds I think utd fans are entitled to be frustrated by the way the team are playing. You got Sam Allardice and spent bog all yet expected to play like man utd we are man utd spent half a billion and employed van gaal one of supposed top coaches, I yhink were entitled to watch attacking football.

as ive said before utds current problems all stem from fergie when he jumped ship yes all the glory fergie brung will most likely never happen again , everyone says fergie left a champion winning team for moyes which moyes wrecked if moyes was the choosen one why didnt fergie bring him in as his number 2 for a few years rebuild and then had over to moyes why when jose was rummoured to get the job after fergie why didnt he get the job i tell you why jose taking over the premier champions also in the champions league and ed woodward reaches jose a 250 million war chest for new players well jose would of ruled england and europe for many many years to come fergie knew it and was selfish and in his mind was saying no fecker will better me i will go down in history as utds god not jose

Deluded !

I dont know were your sources are for expectations but I for one and most others u speak for just want to watch a decent game of football, werent you west hams fans all prattling on about the west ham way? I think man utd is a little better known for attacking football than west ham so after spending god knows how many hundreds of millions of pounds I think utd fans are entitled to be frustrated by the way the team are playing. You got Sam Allardice and spent bog all yet expected to play like man utd we are man utd spent half a billion and employed van gaal one of supposed top coaches, I yhink were entitled to watch attacking football.

The West Ham way for want of a better phrase wasnt just about the style of football its about the philosophy young players are raised with and about getting those young players through to the first team ok we would lose most of them players once they made the biggest stage but its still in tune with the " way " of the football club.......Sam Allardyce couldnt possibly keep that tradition up when he was ignoring academy players and importing 7 foot Africans !.......likewise how many young players did Mourinho bring through the youth set ups into the highest level of the game ? virtually none......Man Utd,s great squads have been based on young talent but whats happening now they are also ignoring their youth and importing..... in the most part the English game has sold out on itself i would like nothing better than to see a few of these lesser clubs upset the big 4 it might cause for a rethink and finally force the home grown players rule through.

• Like 2