Sheep Farmer Shoots Hounds

Every sheep farmer around my area shoots loose dogs without question most of them have 2 or 3 sheep kills every 5 years i cant blame them if a dog got away on me and got shot going through their land i would be saddened but wouldnt question it, ive been warned enough times and they sometimes ask me to come with gun if they spot stray dogs and you should see the genuine look of anger and disgust on their faces they know who owns the dogs and when they call to tell owners what happened they deny it was their dogs or worse deny even owning Them. Compensation never happens and if it occasionally does its only for stock killed nothing about maybe 50 or 60 ewes aborting lambs from stress. How many losses are exceptable before it becomes shoot on sight if a burglar was in your kitchen would you deal with them straight away or wait until he comes upstairs to threaten your family.

• Like 3

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads the comments on here make me wonder about some hunting people. It's his land and if was know that he was likely to shoot dogs like you say then no matter what way ye intended to go then the right

Sorry Foxbolter, but I disagree with your posts. The farmer in question doesn't represent most farmers but if you go about doing those things you say you could turn a whole community against hunting.

Since this happened another local farmer has taken some leased land back off him and another who let him use his machinery in the summer because of his own breaking down has just billed him for it's u

Every sheep farmer around my area shoots loose dogs without question most of them have 2 or 3 sheep kills every 5 years i cant blame them if a dog got away on me and got shot going through their land i would be saddened but wouldnt question it, ive been warned enough times and they sometimes ask me to come with gun if they spot stray dogs and you should see the genuine look of anger and disgust on their faces they know who owns the dogs and when they call to tell owners what happened they deny it was their dogs or worse deny even owning Them. Compensation never happens and if it occasionally does its only for stock killed nothing about maybe 50 or 60 ewes aborting lambs from stress. How many losses are exceptable before it becomes shoot on sight if a burglar was in your kitchen would you deal with them straight away or wait until he comes upstairs to threaten your family.

Some lads just think its a free for all when it comes to crossing land. Keep up the shit attitude towards farmers mate. Your right we're wrong!!! And theres me bustin a gut at times when i dont have the bloody time to go shoot crows and pigeons once a farmer rings to say hes sowing a crop and cant see the clay behind the tractor with all the birds landing in to feast. Or a call at all hours to tell me there just after driving up the field and there was two foxes circling a ewe who just gone into labour and could i see if i could come up and plug em. not to mention all the times you get the "have you got a couple of hours free i could do with a hand" .....And every christmas drop them all a bottle of wine and box of biscuits...... Wont be doing any of that stuff anymore, silly me thinking that generous farmers are the foundation to any kennels, without them you have nothing.

• Like 1

Some lads just think its a free for all when it comes to crossing land. Keep up the shit attitude towards farmers mate. Your right we're wrong!!! And theres me bustin a gut at times when i dont have the bloody time to go shoot crows and pigeons once a farmer rings to say hes sowing a crop and cant see the clay behind the tractor with all the birds landing in to feast. Or a call at all hours to tell me there just after driving up the field and there was two foxes circling a ewe who just gone into labour and could i see if i could come up and plug em. not to mention all the times you get the "have you got a couple of hours free i could do with a hand" .....And every christmas drop them all a bottle of wine and box of biscuits...... Wont be doing any of that stuff anymore, silly me thinking that generous farmers are the foundation to any kennels, without them you have nothing.

Make you laugh at times,lads coming on here spouting shite about respecting land and owners and next thing there talking about burning down farms releasing sheep killing dogs at night and actually assaulting the farmer because he was protecting his own property,f***ing muppets.

• Like 2

the men shouting burn down farms and battering farmers are not hunting men and if approached by a very angry farmer 1 on 1 would probably put muck out all in his pants because there not with there 25 strong cover posse...they are men who do a wee bit of hunting. First off its the FARMERS land who allows honest respectable folk onto his land who he has built up a TRUST with he will know them and can often ask them for different favours as we can often ask thm for bails of straw eggs whatever and im never charged...If I see fallen or injured stock on his land ill go help and if it needs treated ill go out of my way to go to the yard to let him know what and where it is...if a fence is down or if I see something out of place I let him know if he asks me do I know such and such a vehicle he has seen around the yard or lamping when they shouldn't be there if I can answer his questions I will.... Growing up livestock worrying was never tolerated and never should be.... so as many folk with rural experience are saying its not only the cost and stress to his flock, but most sheep men are like terriermen as in they breed tight and keep the best to the best they just don't cross any old ram or ewe... they keep lines and diaries many generations old!

I was out with terriers years ago I was 16 and the 2 men I was with were all over 25..... they said they had permission and entered 1 of there own terriers and we were on....after about 20 mins we started digging, I was in the hole redding out and another man was busting and the other was standing about... next thing we hear a quad and the 2 men panic a little.... so I jump out of the hole to speak to him when he landed...he was standing on the 2 pedals sleeves rolled up and flat out with veins hanging out the neck....

Next thing the 2 men im with take off....lol over a hedge and down a field! So I stand on and 2 mins later farmer rocks up... I say alrite hi and he says you get anything and why the flip are them 2 men away running for? I laughed told him we were on if he wanted to listen... he stayed with me that day finished a handy 4footer, and loved it..... even when we call to this day he will if in the farm house pull on the boots and check a few spots with us!

• Like 4

Hounds we were talking about lads not dogs hounds should be totally different to your average dog still can't get my head around how some people think a dog should be shot for walking across field causing no harm to man no beast and when the hounds were shot it was not lambing time I know the law is the law but it is not always right as we all know . I wish some of you clowns would read the original post of which I don't find fare.

Hounds we were talking about lads not dogs hounds should be totally different to your average dog still can't get my head around how some people think a dog should be shot for walking across field causing no harm to man no beast and when the hounds were shot it was not lambing time I know the law is the law but it is not always right as we all know . I wish some of you clowns would read the original post of which I don't find fare.

So now your trying to say that no lambs are born in December,your the f***ing clown,hounds,lurchers,terriers,gun dogs,there all dogs dont matter what breed they were,as i have said it was very unfortunate that 2 hounds got shot but they were in the wrong place simple as.

• Like 1

foxbolter lifes not fair...but if a farmer shot hounds on his land for worrying or what he justified in his own mind at that time on his land to be worrying sheep then he is well within his rights to shoot... it doesn't have to be LAMBING season its when there tipped also is the most important time... if the hunting man knew his land well enough... he should have at least approached the farmer a week in advance and made him aware a hunt will be hunting the vicinity and will do the best they can to keep dogs and hunting of any sorts of his land! If things go wrong at least you have tied up all possible wrong doings... its human life and there livelihood were talking about here...ffs if you had to hurt a human being or an animal to get a dig..... I don't think terrier work were respect for all nature is upmost is for you....

Cargol don't farmers get student vets for night lambing and anyway if I was having their money with no mortgage I would be happy to do a months lambing. 80 percent of farmers work today is done off a tractor. don't farmers get money off government if they get cow with tb. And do they still milk cows by hand and carry small bail hay farmer's of today don't do half the work of farmers of years ago it's common sense.

Mate, you are starting to do my f***ing head in, you know nothing about farming so give it a rest.

I left my house at 5am today and walked back through the door at 8.30. I work seven days a week, and even though I do use a quad, tractor etc, I still average 10k a day on foot.

I earn bugger all relatively speaking for the hours.

You talk absolute drivel . . . . milking cows by hand. . . . 10 of them once a day? Wow. . . . 500 3 times a day is just as hard even with a machine.

T.B - The government seizes the cow, gives the farmer two thirds of the value, from public money and then sells it for full whack back into the food chain.

As for lambing, as of 3 weeks I will work something like 120 hours a week for two months . . . . usually I just do around 60.

Now wind your neck in or go do some research.

That bloke was a c**nt and shouldn't have shot those hounds, but turning this against farmers is stupid.

• Like 5

The original post is nothing to do with sheep being worried it's about a farmer using is rights to shoot a hound because he as issues with the owners of the hounds. In my eyes you are not much of a man to do something like that to a hound or dog I wonder what sort of way he treats his own dogs

Cargol don't farmers get student vets for night lambing and anyway if I was having their money with no mortgage I would be happy to do a months lambing. 80 percent of farmers work today is done off a tractor. don't farmers get money off government if they get cow with tb. And do they still milk cows by hand and carry small bail hay farmer's of today don't do half the work of farmers of years ago it's common sense.

Times have changed in every aspect of life.Your hunt terrier man years ago would be on foot now most have a quad under there arses,its all about making life a bit easier,is that a crime aswell.I worked hard all my life from an early age attending,brickies and plasterers when i was only a teenager and everything was either brought up and down a scaffold in a hod or a bucket now they have teleporters to drop everything exactly where they want it on the scaffold.Foxbolter why the big issue against farmers when there the very people you rely on to do your hunting and digging,wise up.

• Like 2