Sheep Farmer Shoots Hounds

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads the comments on here make me wonder about some hunting people. It's his land and if was know that he was likely to shoot dogs like you say then no matter what way ye intended to go then the right

Sorry Foxbolter, but I disagree with your posts. The farmer in question doesn't represent most farmers but if you go about doing those things you say you could turn a whole community against hunting.

Since this happened another local farmer has taken some leased land back off him and another who let him use his machinery in the summer because of his own breaking down has just billed him for it's u

Got to be stupid to work that many hours an get paid bugger all for the hours.work in McDonald's

I wouldn't say i'm particularly stupid . . . . . but I know what you're getting at. I guess i'm building toward a future, and building assets as I go.

And my mental state is such if I had to work in Mc'Donalds five days a week, i'd blow my bloody brains out!

• Like 2

No issues with farmers fat man off the top of my head I know about 30 and have great relationship with them buy their all skint lol if they saw a dog chasing sheep they would shoot a dog straight end of and I agree with that full on but I don't think they would shoot a dog because he have wondered onto their land seen a farmer one day shoot by the side of a dog one day to frighten it back home know that some have followed dogs home and given warning to owners

• Like 1

No issues with farmers fat man off the top of my head I know about 30 and have great relationship with them buy their all skint lol if they saw a dog chasing sheep they would shoot a dog straight end of and I agree with that full on but I don't think they would shoot a dog because he have wondered onto their land seen a farmer one day shoot by the side of a dog one day to frighten it back home know that some have followed dogs home and given warning to owners

The standard here is if the owner has the dog off and no stock about, just remind them there are stock in areas and please be sensible. If they persist, or have dogs off around stock, they get a more severe warning, and the old ' well, if you weren't here, I might think he was worrying them and he might get shot' line. If the owner isn't present and the dog is mooching about, it gets lifted and leaded up and I usually go looking for them, or tie it to a fence post for a while (checking) and the owner usually turns up!

If they are in with the sheep and chasing but not killing or making them bleed etc, first round goes in the air, often they turn tail and run home, we follow and bollock them, usually it works. If it doesn't run, it gets shunted with the quad if possible (or the collies are sent onto it), this is assuming they are chasing dry ewes, or fat lambs etc, in lamb ewes are a bit different.

If its killed etc, it gets a bullet, unfortunately there isn't much choice.

Id feel like the worst c**t in the world if I shot a dog for just being in the wrong place!

• Like 1

Is it possible for "raynardman" to clarify what really happened? Foxbolter is the only one who has the actual grip on this thread it has nothing to do with all farmers it is to do with one individual. We hunt a pack neighbouring where this incident happened but I do not think it right that I should comment as I was not there when it happened. "Raynardman" gave a comprehensive account of what happened and some guys should go back and read the thread thoroughly, whether he cannot comment now because it is legal hands I do not know but "foxbolter" and others are having unfair comments against them where as IMO they have read the thread thoroughly.

The standard here is if the owner has the dog off and no stock about, just remind them there are stock in areas and please be sensible. If they persist, or have dogs off around stock, they get a more severe warning, and the old ' well, if you weren't here, I might think he was worrying them and he might get shot' line. If the owner isn't present and the dog is mooching about, it gets lifted and leaded up and I usually go looking for them, or tie it to a fence post for a while (checking) and the owner usually turns up!

If they are in with the sheep and chasing but not killing or making them bleed etc, first round goes in the air, often they turn tail and run home, we follow and bollock them, usually it works. If it doesn't run, it gets shunted with the quad if possible (or the collies are sent onto it), this is assuming they are chasing dry ewes, or fat lambs etc, in lamb ewes are a bit different.

Id feel like the worst c**t in the world if I shot a dog for just being in the wrong place!

i agree totally with what you say a shot over their heads to get hounds away would be the ideal way of handling affairs but we dont live in an ideal world im sure the farmer was in the wrong in this circumstance my post was more directed at the fools who think retaliation is the way forward burn his sheds and every farmer in 100 mile radius will turn against hunting and set the hunting community back decades and drag politics back into it the antis would love that no wonder there is a ban in the uk.
  • Like 1

i agree totally with what you say a shot over their heads to get hounds away would be the ideal way of handling affairs but we dont live in an ideal world im sure the farmer was in the wrong in this circumstance my post was more directed at the fools who think retaliation is the way forward burn his sheds and every farmer in 100 mile radius will turn against hunting and set the hunting community back decades and drag politics back into it the antis would love that no wonder there is a ban in the uk.

Oh aye, those folk are idiots mate, or just a little too emotional. Its no good what he did, but you've got to use your head when taking return action . . .

• Like 1

Oh aye, those folk are idiots mate, or just a little too emotional. Its no good what he did, but you've got to use your head when taking return action . . .

dead right bud and the man wont have luck for what he done but there is other ways of dealing with stuff like that without making it a public execution and drawing attention to the world or his neighbours but it takes intelligent people to do that which is sadly lacking in most neanderthals. Edited by jiggy
  • Like 1

If you're clever and the hunt is a good one and liked, you'd quickly wall him out, and make his life tough. It can be a small community. . . . . and a lot smaller when people think you're a c***t.

• Like 1

When will he shoot the next couple of hounds only takes 1 rabbit to take a little detour I would be a little frightened next time I hunted anywhere within 10 mile from the pricks ground if they were my hounds. 500 people sometimes wouldn't be enough to stop hounds hunting over ground with no permission all the best now for next season and when it happens again then don't be waiting for my comments because you'll know what will be coming off me again wall him out boys wall him out

• Like 2

The best way forward with a farmer like this is the local farming community,may in the first instance for a Neighbour to go and find out what is problem with the hunt is,if that fails. Isolate him it want be long till he will need help it never is in farming.