Tyson Fury Has Been Summoned By The British Boxing Board Of Control

the fact is when you become a top sports figure in the public eye you also become a role model .

Just because Tyson furys a traveller , just because he's religious , just because he's world champion that's no excuse for the way he behaves and the things he says . Yes these are his opinions and he's entitled to them but with fame fortune and idolisation comes responsibility.

Unfortunately he still seems very immature

• Like 2

Why have sports personalities GOT to be role models thats bollocks, I expect footballers to kick balls, rugby players to run with balls and tennis players to hit them, boxers to punch each other etc etc etc, whatever they say, think, believe ,do or say has sod all to do with their chosen sport unless it involves breaking the law...jmho

• Like 4

Why have sports personalities GOT to be role models thats bollocks, I expect footballers to kick balls, rugby players to run with balls and tennis players to hit them, boxers to punch each other etc etc etc, whatever they say, think, believe ,do or say has sod all to do with their chosen sport unless it involves breaking the law...jmho

I like sportsmen just being sportsmen, not spouting bollocks all the time.

Edited by shepp
  • Like 1

I totally agree.......unfortunately some sportsmen like to step away from what they are good at occasionally and view their opinions in other walks of life......while we,re all entitled to our views when you know they are going to be scrutinized by the watching world its probably better to keep them to yourself.....unless you think you are the second coming of Muhammad Ali of course.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I like sportsmen just being sportsmen, not spouting bollocks all the time.

Same here, thats why I just ignore the 1s that spout bollocks

I for one am not a huge Fury fan and personally I think he just keeping the belts warm for Anthony Joshua but you cannot deny the fact out of the ring hes a promoters dream and an entertainer. but I totally agree with recent comments, he does need to learn when not to open his mouth or pick and choose his word better.