That's Just Wrong

Why IS this a Christian country? What right does a religion have over a country? I'm British and I didn't sign up for any religious shite.

It's not all about Christianity vs Islam. I don't want either, all both have ever done is caused agro.

How can it possibly bother you so much? Next you'll be getting upset that no one believes in the easter bunny or tooth fairly anymore.

I don't go to church. I don't believe in god but this is a Christian country, whether you subscribe to that idea or not. I never mentioned Islam. I don't want any more of our traditions eroded away whatever the reason.

WHY is this a christian country?

Because 60% of the people who live here are and we were here first.

Are they?

Or are most of those folk just box tickers who do so out of 'fear' etc. Are you really telling me that 60% of the population in the U.K structure their lives around the bible and christianity?

And were you?

The pagans might have something to say about that. . . . they are a legitimate religion and were here long before the Christians came and persecuted them and forced their beliefs upon them. . . . .

Almost all the countries in the western world structure theirselves around the bible and Christianity because they are the principals most of the modern west is founded on.......same as Islamic countries and structures on the principals of the Koran (spel?)

You can say what you like and believe (or not) what you wish but make no mistake Northern Europe are very old white Christian cultures.

Only because they brutally and efficiently hounded out everything and everyone else. . . . . .

You've read the history surely?

We were all trundling a long just fine, until a load of mumbo jumbo from the middle east turned up, and those spouting it decided to brutally enforce it upon us through violence, fear, intimidation, preying on the weak, brainwashing etc etc.

Sound familier?

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A question for all you guys that say your not Christian ... If you died tomorrow what would your relatives do with your body? I hazard a guess you will be buried or cremated and a minister will carry

Although I don't follow the Christian faith I have been like most of us bought up to follow Christian values that are the foundation of our country so to undermine those values go's against everything

I know, lol. I'm going to remind him of that on page 100.

All this talk of Christian values and laws. . . . . I would hazard a guess that plenty of the folk spouting that have done plenty of things, even recently that do not fit in with christian values and laws.

And it comes to something when it takes a religion or faith to make you be a decent human being.

Ive no religion at all, and i try my hardest to be good to others and the world around me because I think its the right thing to do, not because some organisation told me, or because i'm scared of ever lasting damnation.

Plenty of christians have done terrible things such as murder, rape and peadophilia. . . . does that make those things Christian acts?

Basically you mean Christians are cnuts too! Haha....

Plenty of christians have done terrible things such as murder, rape and peadophilia. . . . does that make those things Christian acts?

As long as they repent they can usually do as they like so I can gather.

Handy that :laugh:

they doing away with the bible in court then

Hope so. Swearing to tell the truth on a book of lies...

A question for all you guys that say your not Christian ... If you died tomorrow what would your relatives do with your body? I hazard a guess you will be buried or cremated and a minister will carry out the ceromony which will be a Christian one because we live in a Christian country irrespective of how many actually practice the faith the fact remains .........

I've got two requests. First was a joke. I wanted my ashes to be mixed in with fireworks so they can set me off in a private service. You can actually request that over here!

Second was more serious. I wanted my remains to be buried and a tree planted on my grave. That way my nutrients could feed the tree so it can grow, replenishing the cycle of life. If enough people did that we could have forests instead of cemeteries. Life continues.

all i say is GOD BLESS YOU ALL, believers and non believers. christmas is just weeks away, to celibrate the birth of Christ. something every body celibrates

Not me. Not that I mind that people do.

You're not a hypocrite was my point,it's a much older European festival that christians adopted,but there's nothing christian about it.

Neems is correct. Christianity didn't completely wipe out paganism, which is why the current traditions were kept. They couldn't beat them so they adopted the practices they found more adaptible to christianity.

I'm just checking to see if being a bellend warrants warning points. :yes:

Come on pal we both know if that was the case I would of been banned a long time ago :laugh:

Me too! :D

This is way off topic but in short I believe in what's in front of my eyes and I see Islam with a strong bond of faith on the up and I see splintered groups of western people who are buying into the constant attacks on the church and faith getting the shit kicked out of it......you lot do the maths ;)

I see what you mean but secularism is on the up quicker. Religions simply aren't a threat. Just rogue bellends who read nothing other than ancient texts.

Do you think if everyone were practicing Christians and said the same as what everyone is saying now anyway it would make a difference?

We the common people have no voice, Christian, atheist or whatever... Most atheists are quite happy living too the morals of our Christian society, most are happy to attend Christian ceremonies (weddings, christenings, funerals), obeying the laws originally set from Christianity... Is it really our fault because we do not believe in God and everything that is written in the bible, that our country is being eroded??

Surely not!!

Absolutely not! If people say they look to the bible for morality then I know they haven't read it. Apathy is the biggest cause of decline. People talk a lot about it but aren't actually willing to stand up and be counted.

• Like 1

All this talk of Christian values and laws. . . . . I would hazard a guess that plenty of the folk spouting that have done plenty of things, even recently that do not fit in with christian values and laws.

And it comes to something when it takes a religion or faith to make you be a decent human being.

Ive no religion at all, and i try my hardest to be good to others and the world around me because I think its the right thing to do, not because some organisation told me, or because i'm scared of ever lasting damnation.

How can you have no religion when you model yourself on Jesus lol .........

Everyone is mate.

How can you have no religion when you model yourself on Jesus lol .........

Model myself ? ;)

Edited by Ideation

Christianity is just last centuries Islam. . . . . discuss. :laugh:

more like the last centuries ISIS.

What about the millions of people murdered in India, Africa and others countries around the world over the years. If need be I will be more specific.

The depraved depths that Christianity lowered themselves to were low but nowhere near the depths of Islam.

Everyone is mate.

That's my point mate......calling yourself a Christian or anything else won't change that....

It seems some are labelling common decency as 'Christian values'.......

• Like 2

I never thought I'd side with the Church but this really made my blood boil. :censored:

Apparently some "major inquiry" has decided Great Britain is no longer a Christian country. Now I'm probably one of the least religious people you'll ever meet, but this IS a Christian country and our Queen is "defender of the faith." I respect that and long may it continue. As a non-believer it doesn't offend me one little bit.

These idiots are simply cow-towing to the alien religions that have wormed their way into our country. They even want to change the ceremony of the next coronation to reflect other faiths? WHY? WTF does it have to do with them?

IMO these other religions are already eating away at the fabric of what our country stands for so why on earth do we want to speed that process up by meekly handing over everything? I'm sick and tired of always worrying about what "other people" think. If they don't like it, they shouldn't live here.

God Save the Queen!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/12036287/Britain-is-no-longer-a-Christian-country-and-should-stop-acting-as-if-it-is-says-judge.html

Agreed, time to put a stop it 8)

Christianity is just last centuries Islam. . . . . discuss. :laugh:

more like the last centuries ISIS.

What about the millions of people murdered in India, Africa and others countries around the world over the years. If need be I will be more specific.

The depraved depths that Christianity lowered themselves to were low but nowhere near the depths of Islam.

Why?

They brought the most advanced civilizations in the world into the dark ages,set them back 1000s of years and killed off their best people,lowering the quality of those nations forever.

Who cares if Arabs dragged a few hundred million groids out of their mudhuts and enslaved them?

Africa's probably better for that having happened.

Gents remember, Always judge acclaimed credentials according to the relevant criteria. If an individual or group claim to be performing Christian duties in line with scripture, which some cult figures do, including rape, murder and paedophilia. It wouldn't take too long of searching through the bible to find that it condemns, not condones the claims of that individual or group.

If a university lecturer was teaching biology as he seen it and not what his textbook reads, that lecturer would thrown out after not very long. One could go on and on with such examples. If the bible was slandered by any group or individual, it hasn't, isn't or ever will be 'Christian' since the bible is our very own textbook . . There is ambiguity in doctrine, but right and wrong is written plain simple.

To compere yesterdays Christianity with some versions of Islam today is simply uneducated . . The bibles message is clear and unchanged.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬

• Like 2