Hows Them Dogs Doing This Season?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both mine on top form, white bitch is only 16 17 month been putting one or 2 away every time out fields and on fen over moon with her should be a good en next season... Red dog started well but had to

Nice pics REW. Season has been good to me so far. Plenty of daytime mooching and the odd night on the lamp. Brindle bitch is doing me proud this season and my pup is coming on nice. No rush. And the m

Nice one spanna, that's a great pic. Here's one I like from other night.

Posted Images

Glad you've had a good season lads. Had a shitty one here as far as my dogs go. Got off to a blinding start, with both the old dog and young bitch running well. The young un was really impressing me. And then both took themselves out. I think he's retired although I've promised him one more good night out and one more morning run. Fingers crossed the bitch is I think, starting to come right. Will be a long old road to fitness though.

On the upside I've seen some great dogs work that are owned by friends and had some very good days and nights out and we're still eating plenty of good meat so it could be worse.

• Like 2

Not so good with it being my dogs 2nd season and having had a good 1st season i thought we would up for a repeat and put him to the test a bit more now hes older. But no sods law i had him on the fell while i was gathering and he some how tore from his hock to the top of his foot so hes in the sick bay at the moment.

All the fecker does is sit and watch telly while im out working!

719EE5FD-E5C5-4F16-A8E1-A336BB994594_zps

I did have a beardie bitch called 'bramble' , I started taking her out when I was 13 but she wasn't any good. we gave her away when I started working my current oldest bitch 'FLY' .

The lemon and white dog is a friends dog called molly, heres a video from last season

Your pups doing well for you gaz, how tall Is she? We have seen less rabbits than last year but seeing more deer and hares.

Im going to keep trying gem daytime, she done well getting to them for a smaller bitch and when she gets to them, she can lock on, always gets hedge side to keep away from cover too but just waiting to strike and then struggles for wind. She did manage a 1:50 mins on lamp in stone field, so shes got drive to keep going.

Good vid that the white dog fancied itself on that flush didn't it n has an exciting style did the brindle one stash on it tho or pull up lame or somethin..

Yes mate that brindle bitch is fly. As you may notice she's well over weight plus she was lamping up untill a few hours before the ferreting session also where's the white bitch was fresh. I would of expected more from had she been younger and fitter. Molly is a very good dog though. I was back out with Ryan a couple week back with gem. On the same field as that one, gem caught one after a very good run.

Edited by REW

My dog didn't get his first season off to the best of starts. First day of the season detatched his toe nail but touch wood he's been alright since apart from one small knock. Apart from that he is progressing all the time and puts enough scran in the freezer to keep me happy.

IMG-20151206-WA0000_zpstokbcvef.jpg

IMG-20151205-WA0005-1_zpsxdiswyry.jpg

• Like 2

My season has been piss poor..simple as that lol

You wion't catch owt sat in front of the computer you fat waster!! You should be out Living the Dream!! :D

I must admit i ain't as fit as i was,tailed off walking the mountains last week,i could live with that but when it was with you it's a hard pill to swallow haha..that's gotta be the title of a forthcoming book JD.."Living The Dream" lmao..get thyself back up North,there's proper graft up them there Fells ?

• Like 1