Murphy In Vets

Had a phone call off the keeper to go out on the lamp Tuesday night so I put Murphy in his truck and off we go first field we get in and I put him on a rabbit and bang he comes runniñg back to us crying like a big baby so we check him over and he walking a bit funny and a small hole in his head so we walk him round to see if he loses up a bit but he was still in pain so we go back home and check him out and clean him up long story short he ended up in the vet in a bad wa6 as he lost the use of his back legs and hit a main arterie in his head looks like he hit the fence post head on añd his back end hinged and his spine is badly bruised he's home now but total rest and he's still not out of the woods yet they say he could have brain damage and might never walk properly again but time will tell so from now he's retired and he will get all he needs if all goes well for him just put this up for all the lads that know him and have been out with him over the years atb malc

post-40158-0-30972300-1449151960_thumb.jpg

post-40158-0-53819400-1449151975_thumb.jpg

post-40158-0-59204200-1449151987_thumb.jpg

post-40158-0-36981200-1449152001_thumb.jpg

post-40158-0-45425700-1449152014_thumb.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick one murphs ha good day today after his steroid injection yesterday going to the toilet good and we had to go out to the tip today so left him in the louñge and when we got back he had got

well gutted for him as he's my boy and so out of character for him to crash into anything in 7 years I've never seen him run into a thing as long as he can walk he will be with me till he passes on he

Well the good news is we know his bowels are working now I was gettiñg a bit worried but had o nip out and fetch some dog food so left him out of his box and gave him the run of the house and when we

Posted Images

That's a gutter.hope all ends well..

well gutted for him as he's my boy and so out of character for him to crash into anything in 7 years I've never seen him run into a thing as long as he can walk he will be with me till he passes on he deserves it all the work he's done for me thanks tb25
  • Like 8

Hope he regains use of his back legs malc he must of hit that post with some force to bruise his spine.good luck with him mate

they reckon the bruise on his head is massive took the full force and a barb went in his head as well and his a blood vessel I'm shocked it didn't knock him out thanks for the comment fingers crossed now for him atb malc
  • Like 1

Can he still use his back legs a little bit Malc? I used to have a whippet who lost the use of her back legs completely in a similar accident. For a few months I carried her back end with a scarf under her belly 'til her toes started to twitch again, then gradually the legs came back. She got to where she could run about again but never got complete recovery as she couldn't turn like she used to.

If he can still walk a bit I'd say there's some chance of a full recovery in time. Best of luck mate, my thoughts are with you.

• Like 2

bad luck that , bloody rough old life for the old running dogs / terriers any working dog , hope he pull 's through ok , had my big dog out for 8 weeks bust toe, he fine now :thumbs: , but bloody long 8 weeks lol.

• Like 1

Can he still use his back legs a little bit Malc? I used to have a whippet who lost the use of her back legs completely in a similar accident. For a few months I carried her back end with a scarf under her belly 'til her toes started to twitch again, then gradually the legs came back. She got to where she could run about again but never got complete recovery as she couldn't turn like she used to.

If he can still walk a bit I'd say there's some chance of a full recovery in time. Best of luck mate, my thoughts are with you.

hes up on his back legs very wobbely but its a start and we use a scarf with him as well just so upsetting to see him like it thanks atb malc
  • Like 3

bad luck that , bloody rough old life for the old running dogs / terriers any working dog , hope he pull 's through ok , had my big dog out for 8 weeks bust toe, he fine now :thumbs: , but bloody long 8 weeks lol.

I'll never run him after this now bird I'll retire him he's done me proud over the years and done all I could want from a running dog and more thanks bud atb malc
  • Like 1

Thats a b*****d Malc, a litter brother of mine took the top of his skull off on a post, it can be a heart braking old game at times, hope he comes good for you again.

I'll admitt I burst into tears yesterday as he means so much to me he's my best mate and done me so proud over the years thanks bud atb malc
  • Like 2

Chin up bud always chance of somthing like this happening every time they run good on you for giving him chance to recover most would have had him P.T.S

he won't be put down unless he goes right off his legs I owe him everything for what he's done for me over the years thanks atb malc
  • Like 5

Alright, the bleed in his head may be the factor that the use of his legs are altered. When a human gets a bleed on the brain, where the blood is lying can effect a particular part of the body and nearly always comes good with time, if its just a bleed. See when there is a bleed in the head, it can't go anywhere and ends up pressing on the brain. Which in turn effects the part of the body that part of the brain controls. Hope he comes god for you. Has he feeling in his back legs?

that's what we thought hopefully he will come good he a big stroñg boy which has helped I think thanks bud atb malc