A Passion For Angling

Loved the passion for angling especially the episode they caught two big pike in a river beside a bridge.

Thats the kennet pike brace, below the rail bridge above the weed rack. Brilliant!

if all goes well we might have some good news on the piking the mara, can't wait hope the river is not unfishable

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robson green should be made to sit and watch each of these old films....and given a dig in the side of the head every time he opens his gob to big his self up or belittle a local angler....the prick

I had the Mr Crabtree book shown in the John Baily clip, gave it to my younger brother years ago and no doubt it got slung out soon after.   Don't know if I posted this before, but me and my old fis

Feck I can't wait to go winter piking, crisp frosty winters morning where it's still and sunny all day but the frost never melts, good campfire on the go and feeding maggots to the resident robin red

Posted Images

Loved the passion for angling especially the episode they caught two big pike in a river beside a bridge.

Thats the kennet pike brace, below the rail bridge above the weed rack. Brilliant!
if all goes well we might have some good news on the piking the mara, can't wait hope the river is not unfishable

come again?

come again?

hope have a nice brace myself today,

come again?

ahhh. let us know how you get on.

come again?

fecking Shiite, river in flooded poor condition not even a bite. Better luck next time lol, weather was woeful too

come again?
fecking Shiite, river in flooded poor condition not even a bite. Better luck next time lol, weather was woeful too

which river fella?

come again?

which river fella?

river bann, northern ireland

come again?
which river fella?
Which part of the bann were you fishing lad? Had some good pike from it over the years lost a fish not far off 30lbs on it one day. Was heavy polluted a few years ago not sure how far up the pollution started but it done some damage I seen the hundreds of dead pike some very large lying dead not far from where it enters Lough Neagh. Edited by THE GENERAL

come again?
which river fella?
Which part of the bann were you fishing lad? Had some good pike from it over the years lost a fish not far off 30lbs on it one day. Was heavy polluted a few years ago not sure how far up the pollution started but it done some damage I seen the hundreds of dead pike some very large lying dead not far from where it enters Lough Neagh.
the lower bann general, outa lough beg?? Had good fish from it too, best day on it was 10 pike smallest was 10lb and biggest was 18lb. Heard the eastern invaders hammered it, but by the fish I seen yesterday at the surface it's coming back.

Too many rivers getting badly polluted that run into lough neagh the 6 mile water constantly gets hit and the glenavy got hit a week or 2 back, the trout, salmon, dollaghan and all coarse species are getting dented but thankfully the lough helps replenish stocks, but there needs to be tougher punishments on pollution . Nicking a fish or 2 for the pot is nothing compared to wiping a whole Eco system out with toxic waste. You near the upper bann

• Like 3

Too many rivers getting badly polluted that run into lough neagh the 6 mile water constantly gets hit and the glenavy got hit a week or 2 back, the trout, salmon, dollaghan and all coarse species are getting dented but thankfully the lough helps replenish stocks, but there needs to be tougher punishments on pollution . Nicking a fish or 2 for the pot is nothing compared to wiping a whole Eco system out with toxic waste. You near the upper bann

yeah I'm upper bann
  • 3 months later...

The Big Fish Off is back on in april,the last series was hit or miss,wasnt bothered iff i missed it or not,but the series about to be screened looks worldwide,they fishnin thailand for sure as one of them is holding a decent siamese carp,the background from the split second i saw it looks like gillhams?