Jumping Pics...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does this one count? He's more running over them but he had to jump to get there lol.  

Posted Images

Is jumping important for a lurcher its something I've never really thought of till I seen this .

I like a lurcher to (hjkcc ) would you really want one that can't jump ? Chases a rabbit and it runs under a fence ,dog can't jump it prob try to run through it and get cut up bad so defo need to be able to jump. in my view jumping is just as important as retrieving . I take it you are newbie to training lurchers and working them .don't mean to be harsh on you but get your dog jumping as it could save it from injury and all so get few more rabbits atb with dog .
no not a newbie to lurchers just never trained them to jump all tho she will jump if needs be believe it or there ain't many places where I lamp that there is sheep fencing its all single strand electric fencing
a non jumping lurcher in my neck of woods is useless ,but what if u have to work ground that has lots of fencing would u feel confident enough to run hound not a dig just interested .
  • Like 1

Best I have lol

19215741888_1d27fa8af6_c.jpg

I have never taught him to jump I would rather he didn't as it wouldn't put any thing extra in the bag around here. One less thing for me to worry about. I have no problem popping him over fences when needed. He is a natural athlete and clears ditches and stuff no problem and soon finds a way through or round if quarry is the other side.

Some superb picture on this thread though very nice :thumbs:

Edited by terryd

Another of the same bitch Gaz..not jumping at this point, but she did jump the fence in the background during the semi final course, while her opponant stopped at the same fence..so she clocked up loads of points, killed the hare and brought it back over the fence and dropped it at my feet.

Still remember the expression of horror on the faces of those horrible deerhound folk..

"No jumping, no hares" where I come from..

Image taken before the ban, with film camera

post-97768-0-51793300-1447711218.jpg

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 7

Another of the same bitch Gaz..not jumping at this point, but she did jump the fence in the background during the semi final course, while her opponant stopped at the same fence..so she clocked up loads of points, killed the hare and brought it back over the fence and dropped it at my feet.

Still remember the expression of horror on the faces of those horrible deerhound folk..

"No jumping, no hares" where I come from..

Image taken before the ban, with film camera

Thank you for sharing that. A piece of history right there.