Everest Film

Heard its a crap story but filmed really well which makes me think if i was to watch it id rather see it at the cinema. Not been cinema in years mind you not because im tight but been sod all on which ive really wanted to see. I prefer a good series than a film, how can you really tell a story in an hour or two. The latest series for me love/hate is so good i was looking at getting myself a camera for abit of fun/hobbie. Was looking at those dragon cameras but tbh itll be wasted in my hands. Going to get a decent slr and selection of lens n have a f**k around.

It's not as good as the into thin air book, there's one or two good scenes in it that made the hair on my neck stand up but couldn't help but feel everything was being rushed, there's a few great little places on the way to Everest especially if you head there from jiri instead of luckla but even from luckla there's a lot to see especially the scenery being out of this world,they only went to one which is namche bazaar which is a main stop off point and a great place but the film just breezed through it, I know they can't show everything in 1 movie and it is about the disaster up there but just couldn't help being a little disappointed with it n feeling that I'd only seen half a film..

Edited by dodger

Heard its a crap story but filmed really well which makes me think if i was to watch it id rather see it at the cinema. Not been cinema in years mind you not because im tight but been sod all on which ive really wanted to see. I prefer a good series than a film, how can you really tell a story in an hour or two. The latest series for me love/hate is so good i was looking at getting myself a camera for abit of fun/hobbie. Was looking at those dragon cameras but tbh itll be wasted in my hands. Going to get a decent slr and selection of lens n have a f**k around.

Eight people died on Mount Everest that expedition, Twelve in total that year. How can it be a "crap story" It's true FFS!!

• Like 1

Its just what ive read about it and that film bloke on sky news. I just ate a kebab, its true but still a shit story lol. Just because something is true dont make it good imo but i guess its to be respected in the same way as when an artist writes their own material. I havent seen the film so cant judge it just going on what ive heard and that sky news bloke said.