Cider Let's Talk Cider

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a fair few pints of what can only be described as "pond water" at some beer festivals. There's also some really bad stuff I bought at the great Yorkshire show once, bought a great big flaggon of

The ciders I like the most don't have a name, you pick them up from random farms in Cornwall in a plastic 5-10ltr jerry cans lol even if they did have a name..... You wouldn't remember it in the morni

Had a goodun when I was breaking my neck for a piss!! Saw the que for the toilet at the last british beer festival held at earls court and new I couldn't hold it in! Done the only thing a man charg

Posted Images

I like a drop of cider, some of its rough as f**k if you get it from the farms round here.

A good mate of mine has brought a big place in Somerset, him and his missus has tuned it into a beutiful wedding venue. They got married there this summer, it was a full weekend do, free bar, lovely grub etc.. Well he's got around 10 apple trees in a small orchard and they fruit heavily every year, he's made a bit of cider and juice himself.. His mate took some last year and as a wedding gift made him around 20 bottles of cider .. Had it labeled and called it "Appley ever after"... That got us nicely refreshed on the Sunday lol

• Like 1

If you can buy it in a pub or a can, it's fizzy, sweet or clear it ain't cider.

Many say that, but personally I prefer sparkling ciders. I started with dry blackthorn, paying about 12p a half when I was a teenager (ahem!). At the moment I enjoy most of the Bulmers range and also Magners. I also like many vintage sparkling ciders and French Normandy cider. However I find I can't drink Strongbow - what the hell is it?

What is Strongbow? Strongbow is the stuff that comes out of the end of my cock after I have drunk 6 or 8 pints of proper cider.

There was a group of lads in a local village who got together on a Thursday evening and drank cider in a barn on a farm ( I've posted pics on a probably archived thread on cider presses) they collected apples, did all the pressing, barrelled it etc and used to get pissed every week. Chaps from about 15 to 70 lol

The lad who's farm it was has now got a thriving cider business having expanded and made it a proper concern.

Can't do links but its Haywood farm cider, Cornwall.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Did an all daya on the black bottles of K cider one Saturday a few years back

Woke up with a 60 year old dinner lady fatter than butter the next morning

She only had one tooth in her head that was a great big thing that stuck out and wobbled

When she spoke

Not touched it since I've only got to see cider and I get flashbacks

Mind you she went like a flag in a gale

I don't know if that's better or worse than shite on your shirt tail

i think that was me sister

• Like 1

Just looked on the magners website and it states its made in clonmel, Ireland still?

They bought all the large commercial orchards round here years ago. I can't believe they pick the somerset apples transport them to Ireland for squeezing then ship the cider back to Somerset for bottling???

some of what i picked a few year back went to ireland ,magners bloke i worked for got asked to go and plant over there dont know if he ever did though