If Only It Was Closer...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still decent ones about if you want one.

It will never happen of course......but at what point will the Rspca ever get involved with these breeds.........the everyday man gets lifetime bans for intentionally causing suffering to an animal ye

I blame the breed club. breed standard, breeders and judges, the KC only register the monstrosities

Posted Images

Are those ones in the ad constantly squatting or do they have short back legs?

Obviously they're still terrible, crippled examples of the breed but their back legs have been stretched back in those pics, the slope to their backs won't be anywhere near as extreme when they're standing naturally.

Why they think standing them like that makes them look good I have no idea.

• Like 1

Are those ones in the ad constantly squatting or do they have short back legs?

There breeding them with the sloping back , think it started in America in the 60 's ..beggars belief people think it looks good ...

If you think the pics are bad you want to have a look at one on the move :bad: Just happened to switch over a year or two back when crufts was on and the GSDs were in the ring,nothing short of cruelty....a pals mam had one from show stock ,paid a fortune for it,very intelligent dog and friendly.Ended up living its last year or so with its back legs strapped into a harness with wheels on it,hips fooked :censored:

• Like 1

It will never happen of course......but at what point will the Rspca ever get involved with these breeds.........the everyday man gets lifetime bans for intentionally causing suffering to an animal yet here these Kc scum are doing the exact same thing across the board and getting paid for it !......i cant make my mind up whos worse the Kc for doing it or the Rspca for allowing it.

• Like 5

It will never happen of course......but at what point will the Rspca ever get involved with these breeds.........the everyday man gets lifetime bans for intentionally causing suffering to an animal yet here these Kc scum are doing the exact same thing across the board and getting paid for it !......i cant make my mind up whos worse the Kc for doing it or the Rspca for allowing it.

Or the breeders for doing it?

You breed dogs and try and get them as physically able as you can, proper athletes, but use them for hunting, or their original purpose, and you're a pariah.

Then these f***ing cretins breed for looks/fashion causing suffering/bad health, and nothing is said or done about it.........something wrong somewhere :blink:

• Like 1

Still decent ones about if you want one.

agree there matey...but my old bitch had a back as straight as the one in the pic,and I thought she would never go of her legs like these slopey poor bxstards..but at twelve year old[good age] she did..i can remember saying to the vet almost pleading him to tell me it was'nt hip dysplacia he told me it was her nerve endings that got her before I had her put down..miss that old bitch,,we had some fun together...

The only way it will change is if the breed standard is altered and the judges stop "putting up" unhealthy dogs for top honours....if they stop winning in the ring trust me ,the exhibitors will stop breeding them that way :thumbs: Its absolutely rife in the show world,breeding to exagerations,caring nowt for the breeds physical welfare....the main reason Id never have another Bullmastiff is because of all the associated health problems,they are whats known as a "head breed",all the judges are now interested in is whats in front of the collar.....another breed that now suffers from bad hips/skin and breathing problems :bad:

Can you imagine if the KC said all dogs from working breeds must now perform their intended function to at least an intermediate standard to be able to be shown?

What % of these poor animals would be capable of that?

2-3%?

probably less imo

That would sort things out imo,will never happen because dog shows are full of old women and queers,but if a new kennel club type org was set up that would be the only way to go imo.