Sas Who Dares Wins

That fm is a very true statment , by your mate

but the leigion will take any boby , there not interested in your back ground !

and imo they havent got the disapline, or the command , or respect that

the paras or royal marines have !

and our lads are a far better fighting force , no matter where they are sent

even tho they hate each other ,

its a case of whos the best marines /paras in there eyes , but by fec when they meet up one things for sure blood will be spilt

atb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leave Cushty alone he can shit in a hedge as well as any SAS soldier he knows what it's about. Lol

When Ali told you the SAS selection test was running 5 miles at night naked, taking a shit in a hedge then wiping your arse on a farm collie he was pulling your leg pal

Me and TOMO were both in Nam.......his was NottingNAM and mine was DagenNAM !! Lol

Posted Images

Stiffy was on exercise last year with the French up in Northumberland, said they were a shower of shit.....walking about like tramps and sporting balaclavas !! Lol lol

I've got a friend who is has a keen interest in 'special forces' both home and abroad, he says most of what the SAS get credited for is actually carried out by the SBS ? Not sure how true that is given that the SBS would mainly operate in and around water you would think . . He also reckons of all the elite services the maddest of all is the French Foreign Legion, "French"?!? Said I, but apprantly they're made up of mercenaries worldwide.

A good friend of mine was in the Royal Marines ,,,he told me once that the sas often got credit for operations they had been on...

Ha ha . . Ah that would establish the notion then tomo . . And I've just remembered something I've read or heard elsewhere, about the Falklands and how our marines and paras had a bit of 'lively' competition with one another . . I've seen even the closest of friends develop a bit of needle when there is something at stake, especially pride and suppose there will always be bragging rights at stake as to who's the toughest etc . . Regardless of regiment, when it comes to our special forces, I am proud to be British.

Ha ha . . Ah that would establish the notion then tomo . . And I've just remembered something I've read or heard elsewhere, about the Falklands and how our marines and paras had a bit of 'lively' competition with one another . . I've seen even the closest of friends develop a bit of needle when there is something at stake, especially pride and suppose there will always be bragging rights at stake as to who's the toughest etc . . Regardless of regiment, when it comes to our special forces, I am proud to be British.

Same here ,,proud of them all,,

By feck could I wind my mate up,,,just by telling him para were tougher than marines ,,he would bite straight away ,,,with comments like,,,,well our regiment never lost a man,,in the hole of the Irish troubles,,,not like para..

It was always interesting listening to his story's though,,,I remember him telling me,,,if they had to go from A to B,,,over some countryside,,,they would find the hardest rout,,,cos you could guarantee the IRA had boobytraped other things like footpaths or styles,,ect

• Like 1

Things got a bit lively between the two SF units in the Falklands when an SAS patrol unintentionally shot up an SBS patrol! I think it's fair to say that historically there has always been a rivalry between the two as they both encroach on the others specialties and the commander of UK SFs is usually former SAS.

Our SFs were pioneers of their trade, they were THE best in the world and indeed the envy of the world. I think now a days many other country's have caught up with some very professional units of their own but It's something we should definitely be proud of.

• Like 1

If your interested there's a good book called Black Water written by SBS Don Camsell.

He's quite critical of the SAS and I remember him being really pi**ed off the SAS got the majority of work on the Falklands, he believed even though they had a Boat Troop because it was a primarily an amphibious assault the gig should have been given to the SBS. He said after the Embassey incident the SAS were the apple of Margret Thatchers eye and got the best work.

Edited to say opened my mail today to find I've been awarded another bar to my DFC. Happy days!

Group Captain Seeker DFC (bar x2) DSO (bar)

• Like 2

If your interested there's a good book called Black Water written by SBS Don Camsell.

He's quite critical of the SAS and I remember him being really pi**ed off the SAS got the majority of work on the Falklands, he believed even though they had a Boat Troop because it was a primarily an amphibious assault the gig should have been given to the SBS. He said after the Embassey incident the SAS were the apple of Margret Thatchers eye and got the best work.

Edited to say opened my mail today to find I've been awarded another bar to my DFC. Happy days!

Duncan Falconer's First into Action is a cracking read too. Some of the shit those 'swimmer canoeists' did in the 60s-80s was the stuff of Hollywood!

I think you have to assume a bit of artistic license though, there's some confliction between reports of the same events.

The SAS stuff has just never interested me as much....

I can't remember who's book it was but reading about the oil rig counter terrorism exercises in the North Sea really grabbed me. Also their secondments to The Det made for exciting reading.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Duncan Falconer's First into Action is a cracking read too. Some of the shit those 'swimmer canoeists' did in the 60s-80s was the stuff of Hollywood!

I think you have to assume a bit of artistic license though, there's some confliction between reports of the same events.

I can't remember who's book it was but reading about the oil rig counter terrorism exercises in the North Sea really grabbed me. Also their secondments to The Det made for exciting reading.

They aren't doing anything less Hollywood now. Insurgents in Iraq used to call the SAS "The bad men with the green eyes who come in the night".

• Like 1

They aren't doing anything less Hollywood now. Insurgents in Iraq used to call the SAS "The bad men with the green eyes who come in the night".

I'm sure you're right mate. Reading snippets of what they get up to when attached to US JSOC in Iraq and Afghan. In their usual 'first into action' role it was an SBS squadron that secured the Bagram air base in Afghan which became the primary US base of operations. That kind of shows the level of respect our Tier 1 lads are given.

It just takes a few decades for the MoD to lighten up publishing such stuff! LOL

Edited by Born Hunter

I'm sure you're right mate. Reading snippets of what they get up to when attached to US JSOC in Iraq and Afghan. In their usual 'first into action' role it was an SBS squadron that secured the Bagram air base in Afghan which became the primary US base of operations. That kind of shows the level of respect our Tier 1 lads are given.

It just takes a few decades for the MoD to lighten up publishing such stuff! LOL

If you can get an inside track some of the ops videos are great stuff!