Has anybody tried a single malt from Lidl or Aldi?

Lidl white rum is good for mixing and Aldi bourbon is very close to Jim Beam.

I like my single malts with a bit of a citrusy flavour, not keen on the smokey stuff.

the one from lidl is actually very nice. well worth a try.

I'll pick up a bottle this week, I tend to get a taste for it when the weather turns cold.

Its the peaty stuff I can't abide, like Laphroaig.

I get a hangover just looking at a bottle of Laphroaig

My dad loves it i cant even stand the smell of the thing. He seems to become abit of an arsehole when on whiskey aswell. Either slightly more aggressive or f***ing repeats himself. Another he likes is ardbeg and laguvulin, all smell disgusting and can stink out the room. Wouldnt drink the stuff if you paid me tbh.

Nowt wrong with having a tipple or two , I normaly do a bottle in every two weeks, famous grouse last me 2 weeks at least, but if I get a nice bottle, it could only last a couple of day to a week, some of the tastes are very nice indeed, I don't see anything wrong with it, enjoy mate

• Like 2

Nowt wrong with having a tipple or two , I normaly do a bottle in every two weeks, famous grouse last me 2 weeks at least, but if I get a nice bottle, it could only last a couple of day to a week, some of the tastes are very nice indeed, I don't see anything wrong with it, enjoy mate

have you tryed snow grouse and black grouse, i like snow grouse

Mad4it and gin, gin, I live in leven where it's made and never tried it as £ 27 steep for a blend , well single grain isn't it? Mad4it, I don't like the normal grouse but haven't tried the black or snow but ive heard the naked is the better ? But one day I will try ,

I don't drink every night. But when I drink i don't tend to put the bottle away with some left in it.

Is it a problem? Maybe. But who cares? I sure don't.

I'm part way through a bottle of Morgans spiced rum which I opened tonight. It won't be going back in the cupboard. Lol

hahaha after reading this thread it got my mouth watering. had a bottle of the low flyer in the cabinet. i like a drink of whiskey but dont do it too often.

whats the saying? ones too many and tens not enough !

• Like 1

I love whiskey, especially the peaty, smokey stuff like lagavulin and caol ila. It doesn't sound like you have a problem to me but could be the start of a problem without self control.Good luck and enjoy but if you start spending more than you can afford or work /health starts to suffer you have to pull your head in. I have known some embarrassing drunks and you do not want to go there. Atvb.

• Like 1