I like my whisky , mainly single malts , I drink to enjoy the taste differences in whisky and not to get pissed but the question I will ask is, drinking a bottle once a week or two in a month does anybody see this as a problem??? Why do I ask? Well ive started liking it and thinking what different bottle next, I do go 3 and 5 months without but recently not, well there's the facts and truth.

Edited by bracken boy

Single malt man myself, I do love it and once a bottle is open it doesn't hang around long but like yourself I can go for a month or two without toiching a drop. I think you're alright until you reach for the bottle in the morning then it's time to dry yourself out.

• Like 1

I see a problem with anyone drinking Whisky, it's the most disgusting alcoholic drink in the world. Even the smell of it makes me heave!

I used to think the same Bosun, but over time your taste buds or tolerance changes and now I like a whisky, not often but on the odd special occasion. I can say the same about most drinks

I used to love a glass whisky mac. but dont drink it any more or buy it at my local. only cos if some one upsets me i flip with it. Think that was one of the reasons i split with my x wife, i would have a whisky mac and be so loving with her, but if so up set me i used to flip, so only had about 3 in last 20 years.

Has anybody tried a single malt from Lidl or Aldi?

Lidl white rum is good for mixing and Aldi bourbon is very close to Jim Beam.

I like my single malts with a bit of a citrusy flavour, not keen on the smokey stuff.

• Like 1

Has anybody tried a single malt from Lidl or Aldi?

Lidl white rum is good for mixing and Aldi bourbon is very close to Jim Beam.

I like my single malts with a bit of a citrusy flavour, not keen on the smokey stuff.

the one from lidl is actually very nice. well worth a try.

• Like 1