Small Terrier Wanted For Stud

My Patterdale is due in season in November and I would like a litter from her, I did have a jack that I bought purposely for the job but due to relationship breakdown I no longer have him, my Patterdale is from working stock but was spoilt by previous owner treating her bad and starting her too early n too big too soon, she's a amazing pet but shy at first. I'm based near Leeds so someone as close as possible. I need to find someone ASAP so my bitch can get to know other dog and the person who owns it. Please p.m me and we can talk more, obviously there's going to be differing opinions on which dog is best but it will be my choice who I put her too n the 2 dogs will have to get on because I don't want her getting hurt in any way at all, I would like another Patterdale or jack but will consider others, lakeland, border, small terrier only nothing too big. Thanks in advance

Atb

Lee

She's from working stock though that's why I put on here, 8 generations. I think the guy just made 2 bad choices. Bringing her on too early, too big too quick. Oh 3 bad choices! Giving her a few beatings. She's a loyal pet, that doesn't mean she doesn't want to work because she does. She's had a good few rats whilst with me. I won't put her to anything other because that's what previous owner did and that's what made her the way she was. She's intelligent, fast learner, likes to have a good sniff around, etc.

Working dogs aren't born they are made and will only work to their abilities or how they have been trained. IMO anyway.

P.s, no offence taken buddy just thought I'd offer on here, there's provably more trustworthy people on here than Gumtree. It's full of scammers these says n it Spoils it for the decent people.

Atb

Lee

• Like 1

She's from working stock though that's why I put on here, 8 generations. I think the guy just made 2 bad choices. Bringing her on too early, too big too quick. Oh 3 bad choices! Giving her a few beatings. She's a loyal pet, that doesn't mean she doesn't want to work because she does. She's had a good few rats whilst with me. I won't put her to anything other because that's what previous owner did and that's what made her the way she was. She's intelligent, fast learner, likes to have a good sniff around, etc.

Working dogs aren't born they are made and will only work to their abilities or how they have been trained. IMO anyway.

P.s, no offence taken buddy just thought I'd offer on here, there's provably more trustworthy people on here than Gumtree. It's full of scammers these says n it Spoils it for the decent people.

Atb

Lee

working dogs are born. Fact, all you can do is guide them through it. If you want a working pup theres often litters for sale on here. Youve more of a chance compared with breeding off untried parents.
  • Like 3

I know my terrier is from proven stock! Maybe wrong choice of pup that was kept or as said before how she was treated and brought on etc. Her brother is very well proven. She was good with another dog at that side of her but didn't want to know on her own.

The offers there if anyone wants it.

mate this is a hunting site were most people value ther dogs and terrier work breeding a dog what's a none worker/ none starter isent the normal for most lads not saying it doesn't happen with lads on here but I doubt they whuld t put it on a open thread lol but maybe you be lucky and get a pm of sumone

I know my terrier is from proven stock! Maybe wrong choice of pup that was kept or as said before how she was treated and brought on etc. Her brother is very well proven. She was good with another dog at that side of her but didn't want to know on her own.

it might be off proven stock but the bitch isnt proven. Buying in a pup of working parents is your best bet if you want a worker.
  • Like 1

Strange post mate :hmm: Why do you want to breed from a nervous/unproven bitch?Why does the bitch need to "get to know" both stud dog and owner?You mention the word "offer" twice,what are you offering?Are you wanting to breed a working dog,or a nice pet?Just a heads up aswell IF you find a good stud dog to put over her,it will be on her like a tramp on a bag of chips,Im not sure what romantic notions you have about dog breeding,but thems the facts :yes: TBH youre probably better trying to find a nice pup for yourself,you sound like a caring sort of fella who will give a pup a good home :thumbs:

• Like 2

Lee,

I would try and start with the most solid foundation I could find. Not starting with a good worker foundation, in my opinion, will eventually rear its ugly head down the line. I am talking about breeding a working dog. It takes a year or more of time to wait on a young dog to start and longer to see how the pup progresses. You might as well start off with the absolute best prospect you can put your hands on. Life is short.

Mudcat

• Like 3

Luckatme85

All subterranean terrier work is solo mate so IMO that's what ruined your terrier but somethings not right about your post.