Goodbye Maggie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This a sad little obituary for my little lurcher Maggie, She was injured badly this morning during exercise after a lazy jump over barbed wire. The decision wasn't an easy one but it had to be made. E

RIP Maggie. Atb

Sorry for your loss. Terrible news.

Did she cut a major artery or something?

yeh was thinking similar , had few lurchers land on b/wire fence over the years , norm just stitch them up+ rest till they heal, sorry about the dog mate, bloody tough life for lurchers at times :yes:

yeh was thinking similar , had few lurchers land on b/wire fence over the years , norm just stitch them up+ rest till they heal, sorry about the dog mate, bloody tough life for lurchers at times :yes:

My pup had a close one with a fence yesterday. It was a sheep fence with 2 x barbed wire strands on top. She ran at it full speed and jumped between the 2 strands of barbed. Jesus my heart stopped for a second. I looked away. Looked back and there was clumps of fur on both strands. She was lucky this time. But it could easily of gone the other way.

My pup had a close one with a fence yesterday. It was a sheep fence with 2 x barbed wire strands on top. She ran at it full speed and jumped between the 2 strands of barbed. Jesus my heart stopped for a second. I looked away. Looked back and there was clumps of fur on both strands. She was lucky this time. But it could easily of gone the other way.

worse than them gaz, is the wire they have for the cattle about 4 ft in to the field , the dog got to 1st jump the fence b/wire between the 2 fields , then whilst in mid air clear that fecker 4 ft in the field , it a nightmare , always light up the fence so the dogs have seen it deff, had some very close calls with my dogs over the years , and I am forever ripping me trousers on the twating stuff i hate b/wire fences :yes: