Fen Dogs Vs Lurchers

Most running dogs should be able to run and work most types of quarry they get slipped on unfortunately thats not the case, to much crap is bred from and to ,then potential f****d up by lads that shouldnt be let near a goldfish bowl never mind a dog.. The papers and web classifieds are full of "working dogs" that have had 4/5 homes by the time they are 2 years old speaks for itself really. you can get an exception where for genuine reasons a dog needs to be rehomed some good dogs in fact, but the run of the mill ,girlfriend pregnant or landlord said, usually means somethiNg short in some department is being punted on.

and i bet not one of them is trained to the catty :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless your into showing or chasing plastic bags lurcher clubs as such are past their sell by date. The running situation requires that things are done on a low key and need to know basis. If you are

Buttons is mark brick lads and he's just trying for a rise to his spoken bollocks as usual ..

A good documentary would do is the world of good, as opposed to some clowns on gypsy programmes poaching

Dogs only running tne quarry in front of it?rest down too the men and what they choose too make of it

The best the best in its own chosen field be it lamping or hare coursing whatever one not better then the other IMHO good do just that a good dog

Most running dogs should be able to run and work most types of quarry they get slipped on unfortunately thats not the case, to much crap is bred from and to ,then potential f****d up by lads that shouldnt be let near a goldfish bowl never mind a dog.. The papers and web classifieds are full of "working dogs" that have had 4/5 homes by the time they are 2 years old speaks for itself really. you can get an exception where for genuine reasons a dog needs to be rehomed some good dogs in fact, but the run of the mill ,girlfriend pregnant or landlord said, usually means somethiNg short in some department is being punted on.

Hence why I said on an other thread to feck the younger generation off who are just starting out as they have no respect for anything and a lot not all have ruined this sport which will come to a end.

Edited by lurchers

You can't say the younger generation have no respect for anything I'm very respectfull of all my quarry and the location I'm on. the sport was ruined by the government and the ban and the few arseholes who fcuk everything up you get arsehole of all ages cheer up don't be such an old fart mate

Would it not be best to teach the younger generation about respect for there mutts and chosen quarry rather than just feck them off ? Yes there is a lot out there that are just damn right idiots who have chosen the dog game as a status symbol but there is also full grown adults who have done the same and shouldn't be near an ant farm never mind a dog .

• Like 4

You can't say the younger generation have no respect for anything I'm very respectfull of all my quarry and the location I'm on. the sport was ruined by the government and the ban and the few arseholes who fcuk everything up you get arsehole of all ages cheer up don't be such an old fart mate

He said not them all

The future of our sport rest on the younger generation, the older ones need to pick the right youngsters and teach the way forward, the game could fall apart quite easily at the minute due to the f***ing around of the some of the older lot, I live in east lancs, can anybody point me to a decent lurcher or terrier club? No, believe me ive looked, called, its down to the experienced to create these clubs so like minded people from young and old, beginner to experienced can come together not to only teach each other but fight together to save dog work in this country, lets face it CA don't care for lurcher work or terrier work that doesn't involve mounted hunts. Lurchers you sound like a miserable old fisherman if your part of the older generation you should be encouraging us not "fecking us off" because of 1 or 2 idiots. JMO

Micky

• Like 3

Well micky your settings g a fine example of the younger generation get out and do it yourself I never had anyone to show me just got a lurcher pup and ferret and done it never wanted anyone to take me by the hand lol or we never had the internet mobile phones

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 3

Thats not what im saying northern, i usually out on my own, dont need anyone to hold my hand, the point im making is no ones willing to stick together, and the tough times are coming, the point i was making is we should be encouraging youngsters not fecking them off, we need more official groups to combat the anti scum that are working day and night to put a total stop to dog work.

• Like 2

Well go for it mucky you start your lurcher club good luck and who's going to stop dog work ?

I dont have the experience to start a lurcher club, this is what i mean about the older generation that need to help the younger lot, sorry no one will ever stop dog work but it could become totally illegal if no-one stands up, which would in turn only attract the wrong youngsters into the sport as with the hunting act imo already has. There is a lot of older chaps who have a lot of knowledge and experience on this site alone who could look into it never mind the wider population if there was anything i could do to help i would be happy to.

ATB

We all have to start somewhere and age doesn't always equal wisdom I'm afraid. Any sport attracts a fair share of arm chair experts but good mentors are thin on the ground.

I'd advise anyone to go out & travel around & see what the difference is in dog's for lamping, coursing bigger stuff or what makes a good ferreting dog etc.

People who are swimming in advice tend to be in need of some advice themselves. Nobody has all the answers. What i would say to anyone starting the game is to respect the fact that the dog or pup you have may seem not to be want but its what you have bought. ?

• Like 4

Unless your into showing or chasing plastic bags lurcher clubs as such are past their sell by date. The running situation requires that things are done on a low key and need to know basis. If you are into a particular breed then clubs and associations are around , for instance saluki,s but most of these are anally retentive and you need to go to circus school to jump through the hoops and walk the tight ropes. Since the Hunting act most of the old hands in these groups have pulled the plug on genuinely working their dogs. Small groups of lads do get out now and again to run but its getting to much like hard work rather than enjoyable day out.The arseholes and morons are spread evenly across the age spectrum a lot of the young run and behave how they do because they have never known any different, but some of the old hands also need to shoulder their fair share of blame they are either to far up their own jacksies to see whats happening or they are and always have been in the mould f**k you I am all right jack..Old hands that are willing to take youngsters under their guidance are few and far between because some have been let down by bad experiences or had long standing permissions back tracked , some good young enthusiastic lads out there so the game has a future but it needs a lot more direction and cohesion to get it on a even keel.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 10