Fen Dogs Vs Lurchers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless your into showing or chasing plastic bags lurcher clubs as such are past their sell by date. The running situation requires that things are done on a low key and need to know basis. If you are

Buttons is mark brick lads and he's just trying for a rise to his spoken bollocks as usual ..

A good documentary would do is the world of good, as opposed to some clowns on gypsy programmes poaching

i like a dog that will take its quarry quick not a one that will plod across a flat field.

So do I, but a good fen dog will catch quick, yet if old puss decides to head out onto big, heavy land a lamping dog will be found lacking, especially a few runs in

A good lamping dog will beat a fen dog all day long

Oh and night

I think that mark brick fella had one called kit or summat, that did beat a fen dog

that's correct think he still has the dog just now and it's still doing well at a good age

Buttons is mark brick lads and he's just trying for a rise to his spoken bollocks as usual :thumbs: ..

• Like 8

A good lamping dog will beat a fen dog all day long

Oh and night

I think that mark brick fella had one called kit or summat, that did beat a fen dog

that's correct think he still has the dog just now and it's still doing well at a good age

Buttons is mark brick lads and he's just trying for a rise to his spoken bollocks as usual :thumbs: ..
lol I think we know that mate lol
  • Like 3

i like a dog that will take its quarry quick not a one that will plod across a flat field.

So do I, but a good fen dog will catch quick, yet if old puss decides to head out onto big, heavy land a lamping dog will be found lacking, especially a few runs in

true heavy plough will test any dog, I suppose really if you get a good lamp dog that's good in most situations , and x it to a coursing bred type dog , then you get hell of a good dog for day+ night . the prob is most coursing people don't like to out x to anything other than a coursing, dogs which I can understand but still a bloody shame though :yes:

• Like 1

Most running dogs should be able to run and work most types of quarry they get slipped on unfortunately thats not the case, to much crap is bred from and to ,then potential f****d up by lads that shouldnt be let near a goldfish bowl never mind a dog.. The papers and web classifieds are full of "working dogs" that have had 4/5 homes by the time they are 2 years old speaks for itself really. you can get an exception where for genuine reasons a dog needs to be rehomed some good dogs in fact, but the run of the mill ,girlfriend pregnant or landlord said, usually means somethiNg short in some department is being punted on.

• Like 7