Itching To Get Out... Am I Wrong..??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

added benefit of nice tender rabbits about  

He's going lamping not mollesting children ?

I find it funny how I can go out around august and kill a few half grown rabbits and get hammered for being a summer hunter.   But the same lads will still be out ferreting in February and March kil

Each to there own but find it funny when every year the same names on this site n others are goin out in the summer n then in the season they struggle to get enough work for there dogs they never learn lol

I find it funny how I can go out around august and kill a few half grown rabbits and get hammered for being a summer hunter.

But the same lads will still be out ferreting in February and March killing loads of rabbits with young in their bellies. But that's okay because "it's still the season".

A bit of common sense is what's needed. Not a calendar

• Like 4

February ffs snow on the ground up here lol big difference in where people hunt the height and further up north where do you draw the line seen young in November you just do what you do and feck them

My thoughts entirely. Do what you do and feck them.

I posted a pic in February of a rabbit the size of my hand.

Just go out fella if your thick skinned post your nights shine and be prepared to be hammered by the button pushes and praised by the true down to earth hunters or just keep it to your self but ether way good look

Haha nail on the head. Lol

Just go out fella if your thick skinned post your nights shine and be prepared to be hammered by the button pushes and praised by the true down to earth hunters or just keep it to your self but ether way good look

just shows you the shite people believe on the internet Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 1

Each to there own but find it funny when every year the same names on this site n others are goin out in the summer n then in the season they struggle to get enough work for there dogs they never learn lol

farmers say go ya gotta go bud

Then that's different but none of the farmers Iv got permission off have ever got onto me in the summer n Iv got a few farms..they've usually got sheep lambs n bullocks out anyway so would prefare them bein left in piece plus if arable that's up anyway.

I don't see a prob gettin a sapling a couple here n there when poss for gettin em going but can't for the life of me see any benifit in taking an adult dog out in August just killing there own sport n the dog gains nothing, not something that bothers me mind just don't see the point..

lol most use the pest control excuse alot. If you really did exactly as a farmer wanted regards pest control that farm be worthless to a hunting man in a week. Its easy to keep farmers happy and off your back. Im for ever giving new perm away to friends because i just have to many farms to hunt and plenty of sport and crazy thing is none of the farmers over the years ever get on to me in summer. There happy with the hauls i take in winter and understand my dog aswell as me deserve a good old break. If you hunt hard enough in season i cant see the obsession in getting out in summer months but supose there is that itch being so close to season.
  • Like 2

In my eyes if you're dogs are as good as some people say on here you should not have a problem catching lamp shy rabbits I'm not a fan of blowing my dogs trumpet but some say when there dogs are super fit they can catch everything so why worry about lack off numbers or is it the lack of coins in your pockets from the low numbers your getting ? Myself and many more do it for the love of the sport .

Some do it for the the love of the money

• Like 2

In my eyes if you're dogs are as good as some people say on here you should not have a problem catching lamp shy rabbits I'm not a fan of blowing my dogs trumpet but some say when there dogs are super fit they can catch everything so why worry about lack off numbers or is it the lack of coins in your pockets from the low numbers your getting ? Myself and many more do it for the love of the sport .

you can make money lamping f***ing new one too me end up spending more on fuel feed vet bills there is very little too be made lamping unless your doing bigger things then bunnys
  • Like 2

you can make money lamping f***ing new one too me end up spending more on fuel feed vet bills there is very little too be made lamping unless your doing bigger things then bunnys
Not just the lamp mate ferreting too

Not just the lamp mate ferreting too

It's a fiver for a frozen rabbit in my local butchers so someones making money.Just saves me some and that's good enough for me.