What Is The Best Bait For Bass?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

50 yards of multi-mono rigged correctly will murder a few

I found a lot of fish had a time of the tide to catch them in Pembrokeshire,on the west facing coast around St Davids off the rocks it used to be an hour and a half before and after high tide first fo

Recently moved to west Wales been caching plenty of schoolies on plugs of rock marks before I tried that I tried lug and rag which mostly produced dog and flounder I had a look inside some of the bas

Peeler crab is hard to beat, it'll catch pretty much anywhere, from an estuary to rock marks and a beach..

As Jonah said my fave is probably live eel, particular on really light gear and free lined.

The thing with bass is finding where and when they are feeding, you only get a short window usually when they're "having it"... if you do find out could let me know lol

• Like 2

Newkid will be along shortly, but the biggest I have ever seen landed was on a live sand eel....no,I don't go much lol, but those that do rate them.

It was a nice bass mate, but your bros smile was bigger lol

• Like 1

Black lug are good for the full size range a nice big juicy one oozing into the water must give a lovely trail and I feel very confident with them. They can be a pain if the schoolies are out though then I like razor,clam or crab

• Like 3

thx for the tips guys just wondering as well if there's any tips on rigs because I have loads of tackle but don't have a cod rig (any suggestions) :thumbs::signthankspin:

Yep. Do some research, fishing forums cover the whole country and a few well chosen key words will tell you all you need to know for the area you want to fish. For some reason people will say more on an internet forum than they would sitting next to you in a pub.

TC

• Like 4

thx for the tips guys just wondering as well if there's any tips on rigs because I have loads of tackle but don't have a cod rig (any suggestions) :thumbs::signthankspin:

Yep. Do some research, fishing forums cover the whole country and a few well chosen key words will tell you all you need to know for the area you want to fish. For some reason people will say more on an internet forum than they would sitting next to you in a pub.

TC

cheers Tiercel, will do that mate