Wasp Nest Prices

Wow

I went to a customer today who told me to check out the Big "R" website and see how much he was quoted for a wasp nest.

£282 after the £20 online discount so that would of made it £302.............

Try the website by putting in your postcode etc and see what it brings up

Absolutely ridicoulous

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ok saying that it's 15mins work but in reality iv spent hours working on my website to compete with all the big companies just to get the job....half an hour drive there, half an hour to the next

I'd rather see 10 companies like that than 1 charging £25!   I company that I did a bit of work for charge plus vat and they get the work in, they invest the money in advertising and get plenty of

From what I’ve experienced you really want to charge more than less.   When I started out I tried to be the cheapest in town – I think everyone does. After getting a couple of callbacks and realisin

I'd rather see 10 companies like that than 1 charging £25!

I company that I did a bit of work for charge 80 plus vat and they get the work in, they invest the money in advertising and get plenty of work.

• Like 4

I’ve got a little black & white stripy bugger near me who has dug out nests in two of my customers’ gardens and not charged them a penny.

Had a call to say wasps are still flying round the original hole and the remains of the nest in one garden.
What do you think; spray what’s left of the nest? Put some dust down the hole? Or will the remaining wasps just die soon anyway?

I’ve got a little black & white stripy bugger near me who has dug out nests in two of my customers’ gardens and not charged them a penny.

Had a call to say wasps are still flying round the original hole and the remains of the nest in one garden.

What do you think; spray what’s left of the nest? Put some dust down the hole? Or will the remaining wasps just die soon anyway?

Go and treat it 'just in case' and knock a couple of quid off... :thumbs:

• Like 2

I would have a gentle dust around the entrance to try and get rid of few remaining wasps. and charge accordingly.

Why anybody would want to dig out wasp nests for fun is beyond me, unless they are a fisherman!! Told that the grubs are great for fishing bait

The grubs and the nests make good chub bait. I used to dig them out when I was a teenager. We used smoke tablets placed at the entrance to the nest and covered with a clod of earth. Left it for an hour then dug the whole lot out.

I charge a lot more than that and haven't had one refusal up to now.

Highest price last year i heard was from Eco lab, it was £800 and they would only do it with 2 men and a cherry picker, the customer obviously turned them down, the cheeky buggers rang back a hour later and had dropped the price to £600.

I now have a good contract on the place.

• Like 2

We charge £36

That's silly cheap! You could add £20 to that and still be busy! There's no point being cheap and having to do twice the work for the money you could get for 1 nest.

We are more than £36 and get very few refusals!!

It's time this industry as a whole learned to charge decent money, you wouldn't get a plumber out for that money. Too many out there working for next to nothing.

It's not a dig btw just interesting to see different prices.

• Like 1