Wild Birds And Water ?

If you get a wrist sized branch,drill a few holes all over it with a brace and bit so there good sized holes and hang it up,then slighty melt the lard and mix in left over dinner or bird seed ( i use my old seed and egg food from my aviaries) then jam the holes up with it it makes the birds work a little bit for thier treat and they hang around longer so you can watch them better :victory: .

Make sure some holes are almost upside down as it's funny watch them just hanging on while feeding and a good photo opertunity :thumbs:

In winter you shouldn't make them work for their food they use to much valuable energy and hole seeds are to slippery to open I use porridge oats and sunflower hearts

When i say work,i don't mean hard graft but put loose food down and it's soon gone but make them peck a little for it and you can sit and watch them for longer :thumbs: ..

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a bird lol but in the garden

yeh get fair few come here lot of sparrows, few finchs,tits,robins blacks, had few rabbits as well lol, and feckin rats shot 4 not seen any for a while hope they don't come back hate bloody rats .

?

Posted Images

Was watching a cock sparrow flying in and out of the kennel nicking bits of brown bread and flying back out to the hen and feeding her lol

Just goes to show you don't have to go out to the middle of nowhere to view nature and learn new things about there behaviour.

We made the effort last year and splashed (no pun intended!) out on a stone bird bath last year. Not only does it look the bollocks, mounted on a big old tree stump but the results with the birds using it are spectacular... Make the effort yourselves, it's well worth it! ;)

ive got 3 boxes up on house wall with sparrows currently feeding 3rd clutch of the year in each one -ive made 12 boxes and put one up on every house on my block lads

• Like 3
post-13479-0-14166100-1436052835_thumb.jpgpost-13479-0-17787100-1436052862_thumb.jpgpost-13479-0-68982700-1436052945_thumb.jpgpost-13479-0-65131700-1436052997_thumb.jpgpost-13479-0-45616800-1436053032_thumb.jpg Just Had A Garden Make Over Which I'm Hoping Will Attract More Wildlife i.e. Birds , Butterflies Bees Ect ! Just Need To Finish The Path & Plant The Cottage Garden In The Empty Bed , Doesn't Look It But Some Work Involved Including Shifting 2 Ton Of Top Soil In Buckets From Front Of House To The Back Which Was Fun ;)