Brand New Hw100 .22 Accuracy ?

Just after a bit of advice here , I've just bought a brand new hw100 sporter full length .22 - it's mounted with my tried and tested mtc mamba 4x16x50 , tried it out last night putting about 3 mags through it to get it on target at 30 yards, later in the night I totaly missed 2 rabbits at about 30 yards , so I decided to spend some time tonight doing a bit target shooting, the results were terrible at the start of the night using jsb jumbo pellets, the grouping was crap, counting the clock with maybe 3 out 14 pellets hitting in the right place, I then tried some accupel with a bit better result, most variation was on height rather than counting the clock, I was shooting from the bipod at first , then decided to take the bipod off , what do you lot think ? A pellet fussy hw100 ? A new barrel that needs leaded up a bit ? Or maybe something else ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cleaned the barrel when I got in from work, at least 8 pull throughs , it was minging ! just put 140 pellets through it in the garden, pellet on pellet from the first pellet, you wouldn't think you wo

Did you clean the barrel first ? Try H&N ftt and falcon accuracy plus , if it still the same take it back , They have had some problems with barrel ,mine was the same but Hullcartridge changed

Used the information from this thread to start on the right track with my new Hw100kt .22. I used a vfg pull through with a felt soaked in barrel cleaner. After 5-6 pulls through it was coming out cle

Did you clean the barrel first ?

Try H&N ftt and falcon accuracy plus , if it still the same take it back , They have had some problems with barrel ,mine was the same but Hullcartridge changed it straight away or demand a new gun :thumbs:

Edited by villaman
  • Like 2

It's brand spank. Bed it in. It's a very rare post this to be honest as we all have our cocks out over one hundreds and how good they are. Don't we? :)

Like all rifles and brands, there are some ones that come out not working as per expected. My own 100 did take some bedding in, never tried any other pellet than Fields 4.52, but now it's spot on. The good thing is that we can safely assume it isn't the shooter in this case, going on macs and yours exploits and from what I understand, your not a bad shot.

I do hear that HC do bang the items together somewhat and get um out the door. Maybe something with your example was a miss. Give it time, not a lot of time though, you would of spent nearly a grand and you expect more for it, if it's still playing up take it back. They are there own worse critique these 100's as they are good, so when one might not be uber accurate, it's obvious from the start.

As an edit, fabulous choice of calibre.

Gave it a try with jsb jumbos, air arms diablo and accupel, I even let Big Mac and zandy put a few through it with the same results as me, I will be having a plink on every night this week after work to see if it gets better, but I'm not holding my breath, it will be going back to the dealers if I'm not happy, I've never had this problem before with a new gun, let alone a new hw100 !

I never cleaned the barrel before use as it should be clean !

My s410 and scorpion se both shot spot on from the box !

• Like 2

Did you try it without the mod on ?

Could be clipping ? Maybe just haven't found the right pellet for it yet. AA Diablo are a good starting point but one of my HW100's loved RWS superdomes

I did try without the mod on, just the same !

Iv got to tell you lads its got me thinking it shot terrible last night for a new gun its put me off a bit about buying one iv just sold the s410 and just waiting to sell the 80 now then im off to get one my self

but after last night i dont no mmmmmmmmmm

i think another raider but a ten shot may be on the cards

Its put me right off

its a lot of money for a rifle like Rez has say,d a full set up will be a grand or more

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Iv got to tell you lads its got me thinking it shot terrible last night for a new gun its put me off a bit about buying one iv just sold the s410 and just waiting to sell the 80 now then im off to get one my self

but after last night i dont no mmmmmmmmmm

i think another raider but a ten shot may be on the cards

Its put me right off

its a lot of money for a rifle like Rez has say,d a full set up will be a grand or more

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mac, my father outlaw bought a 10 shot .22 and its as good as my 410 and was only about £395 for a kit!!.

You can get a canny bit with the £600 change from a 100.

Edited by Durham John