Conjunctivtis

my dogs get this above quite regular this time of the year, it when there mooching about in thick cover scenting rabbits, and if any rabbits have gone to ground , the feckers try digging them out, there like a pair of over grown terriers lol. I ve stopped them now from going in cover, even though they try to sneak off lol . what I use is (Isathal) from my vet its a clear jel, andvery good stuff no pob , but its comes in small tube £10 quid , which after 2-3 times gone wont last 2 dogs bloody expensive stuff . does anybody lurchers get this eye prob, the vet told me its all the dust etc. that getting in to there eyes , this only happens this time of the year don't get any probs in the winter. So as said no prob if stop the dogs in the thick cover and I have, but as said they try to sneak off in thick cover lol

Try the old tea bag trick. Thats meant to work. 99p for 100 plus you get a cuppa out of it :)

yeh paul , I tried that , it don't work , as the gel I use is great , but bloody expensive stuff ,just wondered if there was cheaper stuff out there as good. but ive stopped the dogs now going in the thick cover for couple months .then I be getting Buck fit bike work and ready for lamping anyway, so it wont hurt them, just a boring walk for a short while lol

The only problem with Isathal, formerly known as Fucithalmic ointment is that it contains an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It should only be used when there is a bacterial infection, and be used as directed: similar to an oral course of antibiotics. Using it just occasionally for a day or so can lead to bacterial resistance.

As a daily or frequent eye cleaner salt water would be better, or something like Goldeneye which is available from a chemist and is used for minor irritations, inflammation etc.

• Like 3

Chloramphenicol eye drops or gel for infection,

Saline wash out for dust, debris.

Piriton for an allergic reaction

So

Optrex infected eye

Salt water

and antihistamine :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Optrex is a big no no as it's a local anithesic and just numbs the eye and does not cure anything,skycat has said the stuff to use and it ain't called golden eye for nothing and a lot of bird lads use it for eye ailments as well :thumbs: