Full Body Vs Split Workout.

Gnash, what do you think of a few raw eggs mixed with half a pint, or pint of milk in middle of night so the body not eating itself, so to speaks, thanks in advance

Bit of topic gnash whats your views on milk good/bad? big topic on the bb forums ok in moderation or ? Cheers

I dont really have an opinion either way lads it is what it is some people go mad for it some people dont.......at the end of the day no food is bad for you its the amount of it you have thats bad for you !.....Milk does contain all 8 amino acids but its also 90% water so theres good and bad points.

New concepts and fads always come and go in the performance nutrition world but people are still undecided on milk.....bodybuilders originally fell in love with milk because of the protein and fat content.....if memory serves me right an average 8oz glass contains about 8 grams of protein and 12 grams of carbs.....2 thirds of the fat content is saturated anyway so can increase hormone levels......a lot of folk come unstuck with milk through lactose intolerance and the bloated nasty feeling it gives you........all babies can digest milk but as we age we lose the lactose enzyme that lines our stomach hence we,re the only mammals over the age of 2 that drink it !...Some people take that as a hint !

Without getting into all the organic chemistry malarky all milk has to be pasteurised and the heat process involved changes the protein content its not so much a dairy issue as fermentation....fermentation breaks down the lactose in cheese/yoghurt etc but nobody is going to be drinking fermented milk !........so the fact we are training hard for lean muscle does it make sense to put something in your diet that will bloat you out and wreak havoc on your gastro tract......i think todays whey supplements cut out the need for milk in any real volume they are perfectly weighed out,cut out all the risk,are easy on your system.....blimey they even taste nice these days :D ....theres just no need for the old school Rocky Balboa egg and milk stuff these days but purely as a drink i dont see anything wrong with milk........but again thats just how ive done things over the years and im not necessarily right.

Cheers gnash, I'm eating mostly eggs an veg everyday, what's your thoughts on eggs, an how many you could eat a day, I'm eating the above, an porridge, an few veg juices each day, that's it

I think I've got breakfast nailed down especially after training first thing in the morning,

40 grams oat bran in 240 mls milk with couple portions of berries and 30 grams milled flax seed.

Followed by 3 or 4 boiled eggs and 2 slices wholemeal bread.

Thats approx

25 grams fibre

50 grams protein

50 grams carbs

25 grams fat (6 grams omega 3)

I also did a loaf after been given the following recipe :

350 grams porridge oats

500 grams Greek yogurt

2 teaspoons baking soda

Fruit/nuts/seeds etc, I just use 150 grams fruit and 100 grams flax seeds.

Mix in a bowl then into a bread tin.

Into the oven for 180 degrees for 40 minutes.

Great for a quick breakfast on the go. It lasts upto a week in the bread bin wrapped in tin foil.

• Like 2

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with Sandymere......do you want to have muscles that ache or muscles that grow ?......You could get your wife to jump on your back go and stand on the stairs and do 100 calf raises,tomorrow yo

I dont really have an opinion either way lads it is what it is some people go mad for it some people dont.......at the end of the day no food is bad for you its the amount of it you have thats bad for

Not sure about this myself but something to consider.   What is the protein content of say 10 eggs, how convenient are they to cook, carry and eat?   How much powder do you have to mix up to get

Cheers gnash, I'm eating mostly eggs an veg everyday, what's your thoughts on eggs, an how many you could eat a day, I'm eating the above, an porridge, an few veg juices each day, that's it

Im lucky in that i like eggs :D but ive still never really had much more than about 30 per week......ive known some lifters have 30 per day !......Just be careful with the yolks mate dont have more than 2 or 3 yolks per day as they bind you up........eggs are great but personally i always preferred other protein sources,just keep an eye on the saturated fat content in eggs....and of course cholestorol ;)

I think I've got breakfast nailed down especially after training first thing in the morning,

40 grams oat bran in 240 mls milk with couple portions of berries and 30 grams milled flax seed.

Thats approx

25 grams fibre

50 grams protein

50 grams carbs

350 grams porridge oats

500 grams Greek yogurt

2 teaspoons baking soda

Great for a quick breakfast on the go. It lasts upto a week in the bread bin wrapped in tin foil.

Sounds like a good healthy brekkie :thumbs: .....ive never been able to train before breakfast though i always feel weak as piss with no food inside me !

• Like 1

Fibre seems to be something everyone overlooks. Might not make you 'massive' or 'ripped' but important for long term health. Unless you like cancer, lol.

You're right, I can't put a finger on it but I've always kept an eye on the amount of fibre in my diet more so than protein or carbs. Never had a health scare or advice.

• Like 1

Thats approx

25 grams fibre

50 grams protein

50 grams carbs

350 grams porridge oats

500 grams Greek yogurt

2 teaspoons baking soda

Sounds like a good healthy brekkie :thumbs: .....ive never been able to train before breakfast though i always feel weak as piss with no food inside me !

Lol, I've always been a morning person so prefer training then, feel set up for the day and I don't feel like I've got to juggle to get training time later. Usually back in the house to hoof the kids out of bed before school.

Lads anyone recommend a decent gainer supplement? Cheers

Mutant mass

Full of carbs that protein pal, did you ever hear of the low carb cycle, for natural bodybuilding.

Consume nothing but protein an fats, then every fifth or sixth day, whatever you prefer, eat loads of good carbs, for one day then back to proteins an fats, apparently brilliant for putting on good lean mass.

Gnash will explain it better than me no doubt.

I've read that your body has a certain time limit to absorb the protein, an twelves percent is the most it can absorb from protein shakes, because your body needs fat to digest the protein efficiently, an the protein powder has all fat taken out of it, because its a by product of cheese making, plus they feed it to pigs, check it out

How much you paying for mutant mass

• Like 1