Best Boots

I know it's not exactly a lurcher topic but it's for walking them I guess !! So lads which boots best I had lowas for the season just gone and I totally wroten them off ! I need a pair for walking the hill forestry and a spot of lamping and ferreting i use them daily so price isn't a concern !! What's the best you've had?

The Lowa GTX's are a great boot, used them for a few seasons and couldn't fault them. Just got the Meindl Glockners as they seemed the best from what I've read on here for digging. I bought some Altberg Warriors in the winter but although they are a nice, light, comfortable boot they seem a bit lightweight and I'm not sure they would last long for shovelwork so they'll be kept for Friday nights down the pub... :whistling:

My love for Fell Boots aside, if i was banging hard down on a banjo for most of the day i'd be doing that in Glockners.

For general mooching and lurcher work i'd try them Altbergs and the like, they all got those nice bouncy trainer type soles, recon i could run like the wind in them! ;)

Lundhag Scout...much lighter than the alternatives and the waterproofing is via applying something to the leather instead of a goretex liner so they won't takes days to dry if water gets in over the top. :toast:

Bosun it's because of what you wrote on here about the Glockners when comparing them to Fell Boots that made me get them. Most other boots have the spongey stuff between the boot and the sole which is what gets damaged and is difficult to repair.

• Like 1

I've a pair of Haix Tibet, for nearly 2 years now. Coped with all kinds of bog and sh#t. 6 days a week, minimum of 12 hours a day. Digging, forestry, farm work. never leaked, clean up like new and very comfy. Light too. I bought a pair of Meindl Dovre extreme in feb. They are comfy in a spongy, trainer type of way, but the hooks and eyes are just bent steel and feel flimsy. The ones on the Haix are cast metal and very strong. Some tw#t dragged me behind a tractor for 100 yards when they got hooked onto a roll of stock netting, during a fencing job.