I Eat Meat But ?

as above i like all meat+ fish , and could never be a veggie lol, i like the taste of meat to much , a nice steak, or bacon / sausage/ sarnie , or lamb /chicken/dinner great :thumbs: . but got to be honest the other day was looking out my back garden to where ive moved to . they next door to me got 14 acres got horses , alpacas , sheep, few fowl. well was watching the other week the young lambs , who were then about 20 days old . and they were about 10 of them playing together , all running around chasing each other lol, just like a little gang :laugh: , it was really funny to see it , real nice little things . don't get me wrong in another 6 months when they go to market , and they lost there cute look , i wouldn't bad a eye lid .. :yes: as said they all end up on your dinner plate at the end of the day true, but even after 30 years of killing things lol, i did think they look nice ,and pity i like them with mint sauce :D prob it just the cute factor , because we got feckin rats as well and the young rats the dogs been after didn't look 1/2 as cute :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the last couple of years I've been lucky enough to go into partnership with the owner of one of my ferreting permissions and reared a few pigs and sheep. Piglets and lambs are so cute and

I am working towards having a flock on the ground soon enough, just working hard to bring my fields back to decent pasture after years of neglect. It's quiet nice to be thinking about the quality of

as above i like all meat+ fish , and could never be a veggie lol, i like the taste of meat to much , a nice steak, or bacon / sausage/ sarnie , or lamb /chicken/dinner great . but got to be honest th

You're just appreciating where meat come from and admittedly they do look nice and cute when they're only so many days or weeks old but by god isn't Lamb the tastiest meat ever..... Nom Nom

Have to take some out of the freezer now you got my mouth watering, thanks Bird lol

You're just appreciating where meat come from and admittedly they do look nice and cute when they're only so many days or weeks old but by god isn't Lamb the tastiest meat ever..... Nom Nom

Have to take some out of the freezer now you got my mouth watering, thanks Bird lol

100% correct mate, bloody lamb dinner with all the trimmings (new spuds, veg, thick gravy + fresh mint sauce ) bloody hell what great meal after couple pints :thumbs::yes:

Over the last couple of years I've been lucky enough to go into partnership with the owner of one of my ferreting permissions and reared a few pigs and sheep.

Piglets and lambs are so cute and they all have names(albeit "Sausage" "Bacon" "Braveheart" "Custer" etc; just to keep things in perspective :D ) They also get incredibly spoiled but their end is never in doubt .

When we ate the first lambs we sort of thought that it was because we were biased that they tasted so good but everyone who bought meat from us also said they had never tasted lamb like it!.

I've not bought so much as a sausage since and even the poshest cuts of shop-meat don't look right to me.

Having had bacon that doesn't fill the pan with white foam and lamb that goes golden when roasted I do wonder just what really goes on between field and supermarket shelf.

• Like 6

Over the last couple of years I've been lucky enough to go into partnership with the owner of one of my ferreting permissions and reared a few pigs and sheep.

Piglets and lambs are so cute and they all have names(albeit "Sausage" "Bacon" "Braveheart" "Custer" etc; just to keep things in perspective :D ) They also get incredibly spoiled but their end is never in doubt .

When we ate the first lambs we sort of thought that it was because we were biased that they tasted so good but everyone who bought meat from us also said they had never tasted lamb like it!.

I've not bought so much as a sausage since and even the poshest cuts of shop-meat don't look right to me.

Having had bacon that doesn't fill the pan with white foam and lamb that goes golden when roasted I do wonder just what really goes on between field and supermarket shelf.

Time.....

That's what goes on in between, the lamb could have been slaughtered long before then vac packed no breathing time probably.

You're a luck sod able to rear your own. I buy whole lamb locally and it's reared on the coast and it is the tastiest I've ever eaten. The same with saddleback that I get.

A good friend of mine has a small holding back in England of mostly woodland & meadowland. Up until recently he kept a small herd of Red Pole cattle, these were all named & lovingly cared for by the whole family, then maybe one or two would be slaughtered a year.........by far the best beef I've ever tasted :-)

......& Brewman, get trying the mint sauce mate, you haven't eaten lamb proper yet without it! ;-)

Be careful Bird, that's what turned Paul McCartney and the wagon (I can't remember her name) that he married into anti-hunting vegans.

He said they were sitting at the table eating lamb, looked out the window and there were some lambs playing and the rest is history.

You're f****d.

• Like 2

proper eating lamb is took off grass long before it hits the table

I meant in the case of foreign lamb like New Zealand lamb that sits in a hold for 6 weeks, but I agree with you on what you mean.

Never tried mint sauce your missing out mate

+1

as said bird you just appreciating where meat come from, i agree with you that they end up on your plate and there no way in hell rats will never be as cute as young lambs as for mint sauce you cant beat home made mint sauce

• Like 1

Well I don't know, my pigs and piglets are the cutest things ever, some have names the big ones don't. Same with my ducks and chickens all friendly and lovely.

bird I get what your saying 100%, :thumbs:

Would it stop me putting a big feck off pork and poultry barbecue out in summer?

Nope, I love bacon I do :laugh:

• Like 1

I understand what your saying im a bit soft at the start with them but by the time youve lambed a few thousand and dealt with there death diseases and suicides you cant waite for them to get fat and get sold to kill. I love my sheep but at the end of the day thats there purpose in life.