German Wire Hair Pointer X Full Hound

Alright mate, the pups are in kildare, he is asking 100 euro a pup, they are very well done and big healthy pups. Thats only 72 pounds with the exchange rate at the moment! I know of a couple of the same way bred and reports are very good from what i hear. Could be the new bull cross!!! Lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant praise this cross enough, i have been keeping lurchers for 35 years and though i had seen it all i have had them all collie cross, wheatens, bull and a mixture of them all, i got the idea of

All that is very possible tho, and if nothing else if a buyer agrees to go to them rounds then the dog should be going to a genuine owner and a good home.Only right there were some restrictions anyway

Proven coursing full hound bitch, won on the track and qualified for open coursing finals in clonmel but got injured. Won alot of money, has been tried and tested in the field since injury. Already pr

Posted Images

I cant praise this cross enough, i have been keeping lurchers for 35 years and though i had seen it all i have had them all collie cross, wheatens, bull and a mixture of them all, i got the idea of the pointer cross a few years ago when we had a couple of wgp x harriers they put many a lurcher to shame. i got a wgp x cross about a year and a half ago he is a pleasure to work with the most biddable dog i have ever owned and one of the best hunting dogs i have seen, i always though there was nothing to tough the collie cross as an all rounder but the pointer cross at 2 year old would make a good collie x look bad, now don't get me wrong i have had better dogs but not at 2 years old he is hard to beat, but for any one that is looking for an all rounder dog that can hunt , bush and hunt cover and mark they wont go wrong with a pointer cross, they wont catch 5 out of 5 in the fens but as far as an all rounder go's they are hard to beat. P.S For any one who is thinking about getting a pointrer cross don;t expect them to be taking fox at 10 months, the pointer is slow to mature and might not start working until about 18 months or so but believe me there are worth the wait. i just wish i had the time to take one of these pups on.

A.T.B. Coverdogs

• Like 6

Does it take much doing bringing a pup from Ireland to the uk has anyone got any experience of doing it. Atb taggy.

Alright mate, there are pinned topics on here with transporters names and numbers, give one of them a bell and they will tell you all you need to know. I send a bitch over last year to get covered and it was literally transported picked her up, dropped her with the chap with the dog in uk, picked her back up from him a few days later and dropped back to me, i think it was 140 euro return if i remember right! Think it has changed a bit since then and they have to have a passport, pat is sound, if you want one he will do whatever's needed at this side for you.

Does it take much doing bringing a pup from Ireland to the uk has anyone got any experience of doing it. Atb taggy.

As fox digger says the dog will need pet passport, so microchip, rabies vaccination etc. I'm not certain but I think I'm also right in saying you can't import anything younger than 4 months so the breeder would obviously have to be happy to run the pup on for you for a couple of extra months. Good luck with it though. I think this could be a really handy cross and if I was in the market for a pup I'd be giving it serious consideration.

• Like 1

Its getting harder to get dogs from ireland to uk and vice versa. Need a vet check need micro chipping rabies jab with in 14 days be for leaving to travel. And again a check 48hours be for leaving.

I was speaking to a guy that transports dog from ireland and that wat his answer was. So im going to be waiting a while for my hounds.

• Like 1

Its getting harder to get dogs from ireland to uk and vice versa. Need a vet check need micro chipping rabies jab with in 14 days be for leaving to travel. And again a check 48hours be for leaving.

I was speaking to a guy that transports dog from ireland and that wat his answer was. So im going to be waiting a while for my hounds.

All that is very possible tho, and if nothing else if a buyer agrees to go to them rounds then the dog should be going to a genuine owner and a good home.

Only right there were some restrictions anyway, too many dogs being lifted here and being sent over and vice versa, might slow the trade down abit now!!

• Like 3

genuine people will go the extra mile for a good pup.

I know a little about this litter and have been offered one, for this particular X I think you'd struggle to find better.

That you have mate, and i agree they should come to decent animals if produced anyway right, you know the score!! There will be one will be there for you to take away if you change your mind!!
  • Like 1