About Books And The New Authors Nowadays.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because it is a proven fact.Bluck had borders a few year back and started a border terrier club of his own but that did not last very long and the club and registration fees went belly up.He then when

Over the years, advances in photography have changed what we expect in print. From old 35mm we had to take to the chemist (unless we had a special contact) to insta-matic pictures. Which were poor qua

Good to see Bert Gripton had the foresight to say such common sense and at a time when terrier work hadn't the pressure like it has today. Some of the older books Lucas and Pearse for example were ni

Its a summer sport mate ,winding up the highly strung .Like old Wirrel ,hes always good for a bite or two .You have yet to spend time here unless your on as another username .All is not as would first seem is my only comment regarding a few but that can wait .We will agree to disagree that rough type workers are indeed better and yappers give me a headache .

Basically us experts have run out of topics so next best thing is to belittle a newbie ,any newbie .

Foxdropper, in all due respect don't you think that if certain new people to the site are belittled, they may have future reservations about coming on such a site? Once again just my humble opinion. No sarcasm intended. I don't think it is a good idea to have to tiptoe around certain forums when all people want is a little guidance and knowledge sometimes. What do you think?
I think sport has been provided mate ,make the most of your newbie status as others arnt as kind as myself.

The very reason you are getting up tight about is freedom of speach of which i am entitled to as well.The views of others are only that .Try not to stress mate ,same to WCM .Chill its a bank holiday .Oh and give me a rougher dog anyday ,gives me a headache listening to a poodle keep on .Truth ......You have pulled me up as a lier ,back up or shut

That's one thing I can certainly do, is back myself up.When have I actually called you a Liar? And why should I shut up when as you say ,it is FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

I was taught one admirable quality, when in the wrong, just admit. If I have slated you like you have myself, then I am man enough to apologise to you. I cannot see what I have done wrong only but having a diiffering opinion.....Why not settle our differences of opinions by accepting that we have got different views on terriers?You have consistently said that I am Johhny Bluck. You also stated that in your words I am too sickly nice; but when painted into a corner and I come out fighting then the situation changes. I totally agree with you about the Freedom of speech. That isn't a problem. And in my final words to clarify my position, it has never been from the start about myself posting a topic of conversation in order to wind people up. I do make no apologies for asking a question and an opinion. Good hunting,digging, keepering and whatever peoples interests are.

Intoxicated by the exhuberence of his own verbosity, as my old man used to say.

Cheers, D.

Does verbosity come in pints or 70cl,s.

Excellent !

Lutra Lutra I am enjoying your posts,the only bit I do not agree with is when you said if game wants to move it will.I have seen plenty of good dogs that will let nothing pass regardless.Many years ago(pre ban)we dug the same badger quiet often so he knew what to expect.It was a place we brought people who thought they had good dogs,he ruined many a dog and dog man reputation.But some dogs kept him in check and were not pushed around.Personally I would not rate a dog who had this bad fault regardless how tough his apponent waII

I agree to a certain extent, but when one talks about certain quarry, especially those fellows there isn't anything that learns so quickly as they do. Yet again it all depends on certain circumstances.There is difference when a terrier is put into a small place than when one is in a really large place.

• Like 1

Lutra Lutra I am enjoying your posts,the only bit I do not agree with is when you said if game wants to move it will.I have seen plenty of good dogs that will let nothing pass regardless.Many years ago(pre ban)we dug the same badger quiet often so he knew what to expect.It was a place we brought people who thought they had good dogs,he ruined many a dog and dog man reputation.But some dogs kept him in check and were not pushed around.Personally I would not rate a dog who had this bad fault regardless how tough his apponent was.

We don,t always have to agree,otherwise this forum would be to sterile,we all hunt differently and with a different purpose,at times.Many would cull a badger like that as its to educated and dangerous,an educated badger as got the better of the best of terriers,i read that in a book.

Lutra Lutra I am enjoying your posts,the only bit I do not agree with is when you said if game wants to move it will.I have seen plenty of good dogs that will let nothing pass regardless.Many years ago(pre ban)we dug the same badger quiet often so he knew what to expect.It was a place we brought people who thought they had good dogs,he ruined many a dog and dog man reputation.But some dogs kept him in check and were not pushed around.Personally I would not rate a dog who had this bad fault regardless how tough his apponent was.

We don,t always have to agree,otherwise this forum would be to sterile,we all hunt differently and with a different purpose,at times.Many would cull a badger like that as its to educated and dangerous,an educated badger as got the better of the best of terriers,i read that in a book.
Pre ban of course Mort.Pre ban you always tell one that had seen a dog because it came to meet it with no qualms at all.

Never felt the need to push dogs to that limit tbh but wouldnt decry another for having done so.

• Like 1

Thats not hunting as i know it,egoistic cruelty.

Books and some hero is what some will say is the famous way, and all that i put bob in after Jill just doesn't wear with it, All a bit too long in the tooth to go along with such stories, the famous dog and all the rest of it

Books and some hero is what some will say is the famous way, and all that i put bob in after Jill just doesn't wear with it, All a bit too long in the tooth to go along with such stories, the famous dog and all the rest of it

That time of the evening again pabs,little bit of water with it mate and fewer sips .

• Like 3

here here